Draco Malfoy x reader

(Written for AshlynEveBaker )

~(Y/N)'s POV~
"Alright, students. Everyone must have a partner to practice dancing with." Professor McGonagall walks around the hall, watching as everyone chooses someone to dance with. I, however, don't have a partner. As I turn to slowly walk away, I hope I won't get noticed by the others. "Miss (L/N), you and mister Malfoy will be partners, since it seems neither of you can find anyone." I turn back around to see a sulking Draco walking my way. '
'Me? With Draco? But, why? He's so.... Perfect...' I take a deep breath as he stops right in front of me.
"Let's get this over with." I notice him glance over his shoulder. All of the other Slytherin students seem to be chuckling at him. He turns back to me and places one hand on my shoulder, the other on my hip. My cheeks immediately turn pink. "What's wrong with you?"
"N-nothing. I'm just surprised that you're still this close to me...." I glance at the floor as we twirl.
"I don't want points taken from Slytherin, so don't feel special. You're just a stupid Hufflepuff."
I hear his two friends, Crabbe and Goyle, laugh as we pass them. I break away from Draco's grasp and run back to my dormitory, holding tears back.

~Draco's POV~
As (Y/N) runs away from me, I can't help but to feel terrible. Yes, she is a Hufflepuff, but she's such a sweet girl. 'Why did I have to be such a dick?' I felt a moment of relief when I got paired with her. I thought I would've been paired with a filthy mudblood.
"Alright, that is enough practice for today. You may go back to your common rooms."
I slowly walk to my common room, wishing Crabbe and Goyle would just leave me alone. They won't shut up about (Y/N) being my partner. 'I need to apologize to her.'

~Time Skip to breakfast 2 weeks later ~
I really need to do something about (Y/N)... Every time I notice her looking at me, she looks upset. "Crabbe, Goyle... Shut up." I get up from the Slytherin table and walk to the Hufflepuff table, receiving weird glances from everyone. "(Y/N)..."
She turns to look at me with sad eyes. "What do you want, Malfoy?"
The way she says my name stings my soul. Such a sweet girl shouldn't have such a bitter voice. "I... I want to apologize. For what I said two weeks ago. I didn't mean it..."
"Oh, you didn't mean to call me a stupid Hufflepuff? What about the part where you said I shouldn't feel special?"
"I know it was wrong, (Y/N). I didn't want to hurt you, but it was the only thing that came to mind when I heard my friends laughing."
"Whatever, Malfoy. I fancied you and you ripped out my heart. Please go away."
"Before I do, I have one question..."

~(Y/N)'s POV~
I stare at Draco. I feel heartless with the way I'm acting towards him, but he hurt me when he said those things.
"(Y/N)... Would you like to go to the Yule Ball with me?"
I stare at him in shock. "Is this some sort of a joke?"
"No. No no not at all. I really do want you to go with me. I have always been afraid to admit this, but, I fancy you as well... I truly do." He places his hand on my shoulder. "I fancy you as much as I hate Potter."
I giggle slightly and he smiles. "Well, in that case, I will go to the Yule Ball with you, Draco."

----------------------------------------
((I'm finally back again. I've gotten my motivation to write. I'm sorry if the stories are not that good, but I'm trying to get back into it. <3~~))