Ron Weasley x Hope

(Written for HopeARockStar )

~Ron's POV~
"Ronald Weasley! Wake up!" I jolt awake and look around my room. Today is the day I'm going to tell Hope how I feel about her. She has been one of my closest friends for years. I get dressed and walk down the stairs. "Good morning, Ron."
"Mornin, mum." I turn to help mum carry plates to the table. When I set them down, an owl flies in through the window with a letter attached to its leg. I glance at it and it's addresses to me. I set the plates down and grab the letter, earning a peck from the owl. It's from Hope.

Ron,
I'll be at the Burrow soon. There is something important I need to talk to you about.
-Hope

I fold the letter up and put it in my pocket, smiling. My smile soon fades after I think of the possibilities that she would need to talk to me about. 'What if she wants to stop being friends?'
"Quit day dreaming about her, mate." Fred and George nudge me with their elbows. "Just ask her out already.
"Just shut up, you two." I finish setting up the table when I hear a knock on the door.
"Oh! Come in dear."
"Thank you for letting me come over, Mrs. Weasley."
"Please, call me Molly."
I'd recognize that voice anywhere. It's the voice of an angel. I turn around and see Hope smiling. "Hello, Ron." She walks over to me and puts her hand on my shoulder. "I need to talk to you. Shall we go upstairs?"
I swallow my fear and nod my head as we walk up the stairs to my room. Once we're there, she closes the door.
"Ron.... I can't believe I'm saying this, but I can't continue keeping this in my head."
"I... I understand if you don't want to be my friend anymore. I know I've been  stupid lately." I lower my head and try to hold back tears.
"No, oh dear, no. That's not what I wanted to talk about." She wraps her arms around me and holds me. "I wanted to tell you how I felt about you." She breaks the hug and I look up at her. "I've always liked you since the beginning of our friendship. You were the sweetest guy I knew and even to this day, you're the sweetest guy. Each year, I feel closer and closer to you. I feel as though this is the year I can tell you, I'm falling in love with you, Ron. It's ok if you don't feel the same. I just needed to tell you that."
I stand there in silence, unsure of how to react. Hope, out of all people, just told me she's falling in love with me. I turn around and grab a flower that I had saved for her. "This is for you. I feel the same about you as you do about me. I've always liked you, and now, I want to know if you would like to be mine." I hold out the flower and she takes it before tackling me in a bone crushing hug.
"Yes, I would love to be yours, Ron."