Chapter 17

Becca's P.O.V. 

I woke up early to try and have a conversation with my loving brother. Everyone else was still asleep at five in the morning except for my brother because he had to read and sign papers and make sure everything was good for the pack. This was really the only time his so called mate would let him do pack work. 

I knocked on the door and heard a soft "come in". I could smell the black coffee that he was drinking before I even stepped into the room. 

My brother looked up to see who was walking in and gave me a small smile before looking at his work again. If the situation wasn't urgent I wouldn't be bothering him with the amount of work that he has to catch up on, but that's his own fault. 

"What's up Bec?" my brother asked me. I had locked the door without him knowing so no one could hear our conversation. His office was sound proof, so no one outside the room would be able to hear us. 

"We need to talk about your mate," I said quietly. I now had his full attention as he placed the papers and pen down on his desk. 

"What?" he stated, unsure of what I would say. 

"Are you sure she's your mate?" I questioned, unsure of how to start this conversation. My brother sighed loudly. 

"Not you too," he mumbled, "I'm pretty sure that she is my mate." 

"How sure?" I questioned, wanting to push him. It's unheard of for someone to get paired with the wrong mate, but no one knows why fate would pair my brother with a girl that only cares about the title and is bringing the pack down to it's knees. 

"Why are you questioning my mate? Everyone welcomed her with open arms," my brother stated, a little angry that I was questioning him. 

"She is not Luna material, and you know it. The pack only welcomed her with open arms because no one knew her, but now everyone has seen how she really is," I replied, angry at my brother. 

"The moon goddess paired her with me! She is obviously Luna material!" my brother roared. I didn't back down though, he was stubborn along with his wolf. 

"She doesn't even want pups with you! You need a next generation!" I yelled back. He was taken aback at first. For a split second I saw the sadness about his mate not wanting any kids with him, but that was before it disappeared and he growled at me. 

"Leave now Becca," he growled out while sitting in his chair and getting back to work. 

"The moon goddess was wrong," I whispered, but I knew he heard me. I walked out of his office and ran into the Beta and Omega. I was surprised that they were both up.

We walked away from my brother's office so he wouldn't hear the conversation we were about to have. 

"How did the talk go?" the Beta asked me. 

"Not so good," I said while running my fingers through my hair. My brother is such a pain sometimes and he won't even open his eyes because of that stupid girl. 

"We know, we heard all the screaming," the Omega added. I rolled my eyes, my brother is also very loud. 

"He won't listen to reason. Its like he's suddenly blind by everything or something," I exclaimed, not understanding what is up with him. I knew that your mate made you soft, but my brother is the opposite from the hard core Alpha he used to be. 

There's been rumors how the pack is going down hill and that's why rouges have been attacking more and more around our pack. If they keep kidnapping the pups in our pack, we're going to have no new generation and this pack will become weak and die off by war with another pack that wants our land, or a war with the rouges. Either way our chances of survival are not looking good.