Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Hazel's P.O.V.

"Shit, dad how are we getting her out of this situation?" I heard Paxton's voice. I wasn't even paying attention to a person who threw a smoke bomb on the ground.

I started coughing and moving my hand while I felt the Kelpie's hold on me slip away. Someone then grabbed me from behind and carried my bridle style away from the Kelpie and all the smoke.

"Oh, sorry honey, let everyone else handle this fight," my mother said while setting me on the ground. I looked at my dear motherly as if she suddenly grew a second head.

"Mom, as much as I love you this is my fight. You and dad always told me that I would have some fights that I would have to fight by myself, and this is one of those fights," I explained to my mother. I tried to get up from the ground until my butt connected with the ground again.

"Everyone will fight for you Hazel, once that thing has you, it's all over, we're all going to protect you Hazel," my mother wrapped me up in a tight hug and I hugged her back. I would never tell her that she was right because she was. Once that Kelpie has me I'm a goner, and there's no returning back for me.

I then heard cheers and saw that all the hunters were cheering while the Kelpie was no where in sight. It will be back, maybe not today, or tomorrow, but Kelpie's always return when they don't have what they want.

"Oh thank goodness," my mother said as she noticed that the Kelpie was no where in sight. A smile laced her face while my dear brothers decided to tackle me to the ground.

"Guess what?! Dad assigned us to be your body guards twenty-four seven," Miles explained. I groaned while kicking my brothers off me. Until this Kelpie get's off my butt I'm going to have to deal with my brother's more than usual.

What my father basically did is assign me two babysitter's when I'm fully capable of taking care of myself. My brothers got up while my father and Teddy ran over to me.

"It's a good thing they're coming back," I heard Ted whispered to my father. My father quickly dropped the conversation they were having and looked at me with a big smile.

"I'm so glad you're safe Hazel," my father hugged me. I hugged my father back before grabbing Teddy and bringing him into the group hug. My brothers and mother soon joined in and now it was a group hug.

I heard some of the other hunters start to leave, but one walked up to us. I recognized the hunter immediately. The girls name was Gabriella and she was about average height. She has jet black hair that no one can see without stars being out in the middle of the night, and light brown eyes.

"How are you Hazel?" Gabriella asked. Gabriella is four years older than me, but I've never really been close with her. I know that she's always watched me while I was growing up, but I could never find a reason why she was.

"I'm fine, what's up Gabby?" I asked her, calling her by a nickname most hunters use. Gabriella always worries about me over nothing though, this whole Kelpie situation that the hunters saw will fade soon. Sooner or later the Kelpie will get tired of trying to kidnap me and will leave me alone.

"I'm fine, but worried about you, that Kelpie's not going to give up," Gabby explained, but I already knew that. I could tell by her body language that she was deathly worried about me after tonight, and honestly I could see it in a lot of hunters eyes.

I groaned thinking that I will never be alone again. I'm never going to have time by myself, I'll always feel like someone's watching me.

"Don't worry about me Gabby, I'll be fine," I informed Gabby, not wanting anyone to babysit me. I started walking back towards home, knowing that some other hunters continued to hunter for the rest of the night. Tonight just wasn't going to be my night so I didn't bother staying out.