Chapter 37

Unknown P.O.V. 

I was out for a run, trying to clear my head when I caught the most beautiful smell. My wolf started screaming mate and I didn't give it a second thought before I started chasing the smell that belonged to my beautiful mate. 

I could see some guy chasing after my beautiful mate, and I started attacking him, but that wasn't before I saw my mate slide into ice and start rolling down a hill that was hidden behind some bushes. The guy left in the opposite direction while I quickly ran to go see my mate. I was in my wolf form all the way down and noticed that her back was against a big boulder. I mentally calmed down when I noticed that her chest was still moving, but my wolf growled when I could faintly smell fresh blood. 

I quickly changed into my human form, not bothering to put clothes on that were in the forest. My heart dropped when I realized what my mate was by all the weapons that were on her.

'She's still our mate!' my wolf growled at me for thinking bad thoughts about our mate. I couldn't believe that my mate happened to be a hunter, but she looked hot in the clothes she was wearing, and her auburn brown hair was let down. 

I picked her up, resulting in her groaning and lightly hitting me in the face. I gave a light growl while I noticed she passed out and that's when I felt the blood that was on the back of her head. I was careful with her in my arms but also made sure I rushed back to the pack so the pack doctor could examine her. 

"You are mine Hazel," I whispered into her ear while watching her chest slowly rise and lower. No one bothered me while I covered my mate with a large t shirt laid over her so no one saw her face or the weapons that she carried. I wasn't sure if the pack was ready to know that their future Luna was a hunter.

I called the pack doctor and quickly had him examine her while I stayed by her side until she woke up. My wolf didn't want to leave her side knowing that our mate was in our arms.

"She seems to be healing pretty quickly and I'm sure that in about a day or two she should wake up. Luckily her head injury wasn't that bad since the wound is already healing itself," the doctor informed me before leaving the room. I pulled the chair right up next to her bed and held her hand in mine while I looked at her. It wasn't long before I fell asleep, knowing that I had been tired after getting barely any sleep. 

Hazel's P.O.V. 

I could hear a beeping in the background. My body instantly froze, not knowing where I was. I could only pray and hope that my cousins were able to break free and save me or that someone in my family rescued me. My worse fear would be that I'm forever stuck with that Kelpie, but I can only pray that the worse has not happened. 

I pried my eyes open and quickly closed and reached my hands over my eyes when everything seemed really bright, telling me that I had been asleep for a while since the sun was going down before everything crazy happened. 

I looked around the room and saw that there was a door left open that looked like the bathroom. There was a chair next to me and I instantly froze when I smelled a werewolf all over this room. I let out a small curse while throwing my legs off the bed. I swear what is it with werewolves always being around me or finding trouble around them. At least I know that the Kelpie doesn't have me. 

I could hear footsteps and I quickly closed the bathroom door and opened the window before slipping under the bed. I could only pray that the werewolf thought I escaped once he couldn't find me in the bathroom. 

I heard a growl and saw him run towards the bathroom door before he busted it down. My mouth formed an 'o' while I wondered what the hell this werewolf wanted with me. I noticed he grew angrier and his stance seemed to be more tense as he ran towards the window and quickly jumped out of the window.