Chapter 36

Hazel's P.O.V. 

Dustin went in his own direction, saying he had to make sure Coral was ok and that he would meet us all back at the home where everyone was staying. 

Paxton mainly led the way since I had no idea where I was going and Miles was to idiotic to leave in charge of the group. It took about a few hours of just running to finally reach the new place where my parents seemed to be hiding. 

"Hey Teddy," I said while giving the guy a hug, it had been a long while since I had seen him, and I was grateful for a familiar face that didn't belong to family. My aunt and uncle eyed me while I searched the room for Lola, but didn't find her at all. 

I returned back outside and looked around the forest, finding her about fifteen minutes away from where everyone else was. She was hidden behind a tree, and I quietly walked up behind her, but was careful not to make her run away again. 

"Lola?" I questioned, unsure of what had happened back at the pack. She slowly turned her face to me while her eyes looked like a ghost. 

"Don't Hazel," I heard Lola whisper. I walked around and sat in front of her while sitting up straight. I stared Lola in her eyes, that seemed to hold sadness in them. 

"It was only suppose to be a year that they would be gone," Lola started. I stayed quiet, waiting for Lola to continue with her sentence, and I could only guess that she meant our parents. 

"They were going to figure out what was wrong because as much as Dustin and I carried the hunter gene, you seemed to have mom's unknown gene just as equally balanced, making you a deadlier weapon than anyone that's been alive," Lola said while looking at me. 

"Why did they leave for so long?" I questioned, not understanding why they were gone for seventeen years. 

"I was the last one that they were able to hide before mom was captured by vampires. The vampire king found our mom and soon discovered that there was something different about her, but he never knew about you. The mythical world only knew about Dustin and me, but that changed when the vampire king saw you and realized that you were more like mom," Lola explained. 

"How is it that I'm more like mom?" I questioned, unsure of what made me different from my own siblings. 

"No idea, mom and dad both knew that something was different with you. It was probably six months after you were born and you went to put your finger in a lake and your hazel eyes turned into a bright moonlight, the reflection of the moon on the water," Lola explained to me. 

"What?" I questioned, not wanting to believe it. How was it that my eyes were able to change color just by touching water?

"That's when they knew that there was something different about mom, and that's when they started their plan to hide all of us. They figured it would be easier to hide you with Aunt Zeva and Uncle Arthur since you were small enough that they could pass you off as their own kid," Lola continued as if I didn't say a word. I shook my head, trying to make sense of everything that had happened, not sure if I could really believe it or not. 

"What happened that night?" I questioned, not understanding what had happened back at the pack. 

"The night we were leaving, we were getting attacked by everyone and a wolf ran up towards you and Dustin. My first instinct was to protect you, and I ended up killing the wolf pup, but I later realized that the wolf pup was my mate," Lola said. My eyes only widened while my mouth formed the shape of an 'o'. 

"That was the other thing that our parents hid from us. They found something that would make it that hunters wouldn't feel the mate bond, making it a lot easier to focus on being a hunter and killing mythical creatures. We were not the first to be tested on, but when no side affects were shown, the next generation was given what was suppose to stop mates, then everything turned dark," Lola explained.