Chapter 10

Hazel's P.O.V.

Surrounded by complete and utter darkness. My head was still pounding while I tried taking in my surroundings, but there was nothing to take in.

Fear engulfed me because I hate being in control. It feels so weird not knowing where I am yet I lived in that place my whole life.

Opening my eyes I was in a part of the forest I've never seen. There was a small lake, not too big but big enough to fit two or three people. I couldn't see the bottom of it though, and I knew that the lake was deep.

The water reflected the full moon, and I was tempted to touch the water, but for some reason afraid too. Deciding to only let my fingers touch the tip of the water I skim them right in front of me.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" a voice asked. I turned around to see a girl around the age of sixteen or seventeen. She had long dirty blond hair while her eyes looked at me kindly. They were the color of a light blue that could be mistaken also for gray.

"Who are you?" I asked cautiously. My hand shot out to my belt only to see that I had not a single weapon on me. The girl looked at me weirdly while I composed myself. No worries, if I need to fight I will have to use my hand-to-hand combat skills.

"The name is Becca, and who are you?" the girl asked me. She sat down near the water, just staring into it like there wasn't a care for the world. She didn't seem to be afraid of me, but I was clueless with why she wouldn't be afraid of me.

"Hazel," I whispered, not surprised if she didn't hear me. She smiled at me before dipping her fingers into the lake.

"How often do you come here? When did you find this place?" Becca questioned me. Her questioned shocked me, did she not know that I was a trained hunter? Humans stay out of the forest because of the creatures that kill them, all humans actually fear the forest, so I knew there was no way in hell she could be a human.

I wasn't sure which mythical creature she would be though. Didn't seem to have the fangs of a vampire, then again, vampires can hide their fangs and blood red eyes to look normal in the sunlight.

"I just came here tonight. I'm not even sure where I am," I answered while looking around the forest. Becca smiled at me before patting the spot next to her.

"Really? Must be a ghost with a lost soul, I can try to help you if you want that," Becca replied. I stared at her as if she just stabbed me in the stomach. Saying grow a second head wouldn't really surprising me but getting close enough to stab me would shock me.

"I'm not a ghost, I'm alive," I tried to reason. Becca looked at me curiously before reaching her hand out slowly to touch me. I didn't let her, something just didn't settle right with me. Becca retreated her hand and put it on the grass.

If I was a ghost then I wouldn't be able to touch the water, and last time I checked I was alive and breathing.

"What are you?" I questioned Becca while sitting next to her, but keeping my distance from her. I wasn't sure what she was. I also wasn't sure what she meant by saying I was a ghost.

My eyes widened as I took a look at my hand, and could faintly see the lake through my hand. There was no way I could be a ghost though. It was simply impossible.

Becca started to open her mouth right as the wind started to pick up. The wind was fierce and stronger than the normal everyday wind.

Becca's hair covered her face while the wind was enough to knock us both to the ground. I felt something on my leg, looking down it was Becca's hand.

She looked up at me in complete horror, not sure of what I was. Looking up towards the moon I suddenly felt too warm even with the strong wind everything was just too hot.