Chapter 5

Hazel's P.O.V.

"Paxton get your hunting gear ready!" I growled to him, "he was still frozen like a statue and he needed to be ready for when the creature came back.

I quickly jumped off my rock and started running towards the side of a really big cliff. There were giant rocks at the bottom and more closer to the sea. I can't possibly kill a dinoshark with how far away I am. I need to be closer if I want that thing dead.

"Hazel what in the hell are you doing?! You're going to get yourself killed!" Paxton yelled. I could see him running into the water and trying to catch up with me. The water was started to get deeper as I got closer to the rocks.

I could see the top of the fin that belonged to the dinoshark. I quickly hopped onto a slippery rock right as I noticed the dinoshark was getting closer. It jumped in the air as I shot and arrow to it's side fin.

The arrow stuck in it good and I was happy when the creature squirmed in the air.

"Holy shit! That thing is massive," I turned to Paxton who was struggling to get on the rock. It was a bit slipper with all the water and sea weed the rocks were covered in.

"No shit sherlock now be ready to shoot when it comes back up or shoot if you can see it's fin," I ordered, happy when I noticed some blood started mixing with the water.

"It's injured so it should be easier to kill," I explained. I started moving closer out to shore on the rocks and almost slipped. Can't risk going in the water or else there's more of a chance that the dinoshark will get me.

"What are you two doing out there?!" I heard Miles yell. I turned around to see him and my parents standing on the beach.

The cliff was above our heads as we reached the end of the slippery rocks. They would be more dangerous if someone jumped off the cliffs, but as of now they are slippery and I'm surprised I'm still on.

"Going shark hunting!" I yelled back. I grabbed another arrow and waited for the dinoshark to come. I noticed it's fin far away from us, but it seemed to be coming at us.

The dinoshark jumped into the air while I shot an another arrow at it's still injured fin. It squirmed in the air again as more blood seeped out of it's one fin.

"Shit!" I heard Paxton yelled. He slipped into the water and I knew that the dinoshark was still around somewhere.

"Get over here and help!" I yelled while trying to get Paxton back on the rocks. Miles was able to run on the rocks faster than our parents, but I was grateful someone was able to get here as quickly as they could.

"Start shooting because it's coming back!" I yelled to him. I grabbed Paxton's hand as I heard the sound of Miles shooting bullets.

"The stupid thing won't go down!" Miles cried out. I could tell he was terrified for once in his life of watching scary movies, and apparently shark movies are suppose to be scary.

I lifted Paxton out of the water and quickly sat him on a rock right as our parents came.

"How do we kill a dinoshark?!" my mother panicked. In all my years of growing up I have never seen my mother panic.

"I say the same way we kill a fish," I answered while getting up with my bow and arrows in hand.

"We grill it?" Miles questioned. I slapped him on the back of his head and he ended up falling face first into the water.

"Idiot," I mumbled, but I knew he heard me. Miles started spitting out the water while trying to climb back up onto the slippery rocks.

"It's back, aim for the fins so it can't swim," my father ordered me and my mother. My father picked up is gun and started shooting while I began shooting my arrows. My mother had a smaller gun than my father, but they were starting to get some holes in the fins and tail.