Chapter 42

Hazel's P.O.V. 

I was walking down the steps when I was suddenly attacked at my legs. My body instantly stiffened before I heard giggling. I looked down to see Dana and Lesia both hugging my legs. I smiled as soon as Becca turned the corner and saw me with the girls. She returned the smile while I tried to make mine look real. 

"My brother wake up yet?" Becca questioned while the girls ran back to her. It had only been about ten minutes and I was hoping that he stayed asleep long enough for me to get out of this place. 

"Not yet, he was still knocked out," I answered. Both girls suddenly took off upstairs while Becca chased after them, trying to stop them from whatever they were doing. 

As soon as I was alone I walked towards the back door while making sure that no one saw what I was doing. I lifted my wrist up to my eyes and started typing away, praying that Paxton's new prototype watch would work. 

"Hazel!" a voice growled throughout the whole house. I cursed while running to the door and hitting the last button, hoping for the life of me that the invisibility cloak would work. I quickly sprayed the stuff all over me just so that no werewolf would be able to track me while I quickly made my way outside and into the forest. 

I had to stop a few times before I made it to the forest for fear of someone catching me if I moved to quickly. I thunderous growl was heard as I ran in the forest. I slid the glasses over my eyes and moved my head side to side, trying to pick up anything from Paxton or Miles. I needed to try and find them before something bad happened. 

Before I left I used the five minutes I had to quickly get a map of the house while grabbing some of Becca's clothes, that would have to work for hunting, and my hunting gear that Hunter so kindly placed in his office, including my combat boots. 

I pressed a button on the earpiece before saying, "Lola do you read me?" 

"Loud and clear, you pissed off the Alpha," Lola responded. 

"Are you joining me?" I questioned, ignoring the comment about Hunter, he'll get over it eventually. 

"I wish I could, I can't stay away from Donte without practically dying. You're going to have to do whatever on your own," Lola said sadly. I could tell she wasn't thrilled about having to be in a house full of werewolves. 

"Hazel get your ass back here!" I heard Gabby yell into the earpiece. I rolled my eyes while still running, trying to find where Paxton and Miles last were. 

"No can do Gabby," I replied back before I heard static on the other side again, meaning that someone else now had it. 

"WHERE THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE GOING?!" a voice yelled. I cringed for his voice being so loud over the tiny earpiece. My head was left ringing for a good five seconds while I tried to keep my other ear open in case I was attacked. 

"Bye mutt," I said before quickly shutting the earpiece off. I slowed down when I came to the spot. Majority of the ice was gone except where their feet had been. I took a closer look and didn't see anything with the glasses on. Sliding them up I felt the ice and it instantly started melting under my fingertips. I turned off the invisibility while looking around at everything. 

There were no weapons around the area, not even the arrows I had thrown to try and get the boys out of the ice. I took a look at my surroundings, not liking the sinking feeling in my stomach as I tried to pinpoint my cousins. 

I could only come up with the idea that the Kelpie took them both, but I wasn't sure why the Kelpie would take them if he wants me. If a Kelpie took an adult that they didn't want to be their other half, then that adult would automatically be dead, but it's not like Paxton or Miles to be taken by the Kelpie.