Chapter 1

Victoria

I stand in the training hall. Thinking of the past. My past is sprayed with blood. I sighed knowing I'd have to watch the kid. My brother watched me slowly and carefully as I moved to the hall for weapon training. Life for me was blood, pain, and hell. That is everything and my curse. A curse of a life of hell. Just like how daddy died.
I killed him.
Just like how everyone is dead. Or was dead and are now Nightmares.

I can't back down though. I had people who depended on me. I'm the princess of vampires. They used to call me Victoria, but I am now known as Tori. No one dares to call me Victoria, except for my dumbass older brother Kyle. Although he only does it to aggravate me. Other than that he calls me 'T' to some reason, but I don't care. I just can't be called love, beauty, princess, or Victoria. It brings back so many painful and blood filled memories. Memories I have to live with till I die. Memories that make my eyes run rivers of red. That is why I am Tori. Tough, new, and strong. I may be cold hearted, but I do what is best for my people. That is my job.

Now life is living hell. I was forced into the North American continent. The humans made a disease that would kill vamps as humans called us. It went bad. Now the Nightmares rule the world as humans and vampires are forced to coexist together. I am the commander of the military. I also lead my people. I was the princess after all. There was also one other duty. Watching this boy named Jayson. I don't know why he has a 'y' in his name. I was curious on how I found him on the side of the road. A 8 year old boy who has somehow survived through hell until I found him a few months after everything had started. Of course I was put on the schedule which I barely had enough time for myself.

I just wish humans never existed. Humans can die.

* * *

My days were on a schedule. All the time, everyday, for 10 years. A 1,700 year old did not enjoy this. My schedule was easy, but very long, and also boring.
6:30 AM wake up
7:00AM breakfast
8:00AM Border Patrol
9:30 AM Meeting with the army
11:30 AM Meeting with vampires
1:30PM Lunch
2:30 PM Watching the kid
4:00 PM Training
5:00PM Dinner
6:00PM Border Patrol
7:00 PM Free Time

The lights out time was 10:00 PM. I had to make a round again on the border. Yes we did live underground, but to keep from having more difficulty we do a simple border patrol above ground in our fenced in fortress.
I don't sleep. Vampires do sleep, but my dreams are demonic, scary, and horror filled.My past just keeps replaying over and over again. More bloodier than the last. I was scared to even close my eyes.

I just watched the boy. It was easy to be with him. I knew that he couldn't hear me, or at least I hoped he couldn't. He was in another world. One way better than this one.
He was in a way cute. He had tanish skin. His hair a blackish brown. I don't know the color of his eyes. I am kind of curious of his eye color. He had on a green sweater vest. A tiny smile played on his lips. I caught myself wishing that he would wake up just so I could kiss him. For 10 years I have been watching over this kid. I have something pulling me towards him. Then I remember something that I will never forget.Something that daddy told me. He told me to not find love with a human. A fail of a species.
I thought about how even though Kal and I dated we never had kissed. I have never kissed anyone. I was tempted to kiss Jayson. I placed my hand into Jayson's hand. His hand squeezed mine. I was a little surprised, but thought it was just reflex. I looked at Jayson's face. He looked so peaceful. I felt myself smile a tiny bit. I only smile when I am around kids and Jayson.

Jayson's eyelids fluttered. I jumped a little. He slowly opened his eyes. They were a hazelnut dark brown color. He looked up at me. I felt a spark go through my body. It was like finding something I have been looking for 1,799 years.
"Hey Angel." He said with his voice sounding of sleep. I felt something inside me just shiver as said 'Angel'. It didn't fit me, but the way he said it I knew he meant it.
Reality hit me though. I was no angel. I was a demon. I wasn't pretty, I was a killer.
I almost smacked him. He just smiled like he knew me his whole life. I closed my eyes just to calm myself. I didn't want to kill him. Yet. You never know if you can make a blood drink out of a human when you need to.
I snapped at him though. His eyes went wide, not out of fear, but on shock. Yes I do know I don't look like much, but even the smartest vampire knows not to quarry with me. It's just the way things are.I stayed silent.