Chapter 12

Jay

Kyle tells me about Tori will make my heart ache. She isn't like most. He life truly is pain and suffering.

"Ok kid. This is the life story of Victoria Elizabeth Helsing. Are you ready?" Kyle asked, and I nodded wanting and hoping that I would learn more about this amazing yet mysterious girl. Who not best then her brother? Yeah I'm a genius in my book.
"So Tori was born in 1200. Yes I know long time ago. She's 1,700 years old. For her, well life was hard. Our mother is the same. The only wife of Van Helsing to actually stay. Mom hated T. Like she would beat her and scream when my dad wasn't around." Kyle looked down sadly. "All Tori knows is pain... My dad praised her and made Tori strong. He knew about the beatings and never really left Tori. She was the most precious thing to him. It was Dracula that made T well T." Kyle looked at me.
I was thinking.
Tori knows pain. She lives it every single day.

"T trained night and day. After all she was a princess. Hell she was a damn beauty. T can get all the guys yet she ignored them. Guess that's what happens when you are type A. Only training and killing. That was T's goal. To kill all humans. That was one thing that Daddy D built into her mind. It was Tori who was a killer. All Tori does is kill. She was like that for so many years. Countless bodies and blood. There was a trail and she was at the end."

I watched Kylie's eyes turn glassy as he described Tori's killing habits. She sounded pretty scary.
"She has one weapon and that's her sword. Dad gave it to her for a present. It is a demon sword that our uncle wielded with so much death. By the way our uncle is Death. Dude how cool would it be to have an uncle named Death? Be like 'hey Uncle Death can we play with some souls.' Then he goes 'yeah I got some right here.' " Kyle said Death's voice in a deep way.
It was as if he knew what Death actually did. It was pretty cool though. I laughed at the stupidity.
"Yeah well we have a girl named Grace who has to be his daughter." I say and Kyle chuckled at that stupid remark.

"She did find love once Kid. That was with Kalabar. She and him, well it was the first time I saw her actually happy in years. She faked her happiness a lot. It was the moment that was ruined by her curse. That was when the disease broke out. Kal was gone from her grasp. Tori's cursed you know. Mom had Death tricked as he cursed the only daughter of Dracula when she was in the womb." Kyle looked down sadly.

"T's curse is to forever be alone. Those who get too close to her poisoned heart shall hurt her more than she could ever hurt you. It was when the disease and Dad died had it really set in, and all of her siblings had died. All of her brothers. Then Kal was taken from her in a Nightmare raid. That was it for her. Tori never smiled. Never laughed. Never did anything, but train herself to death."

I could tell that this was the true pain that Tori had felt, but there was so much more pain to her. Kyle was trying not to cry. This was one of the hardest things he saw.
"The worst of it was constantly watching her. She held a gun to her head several times ready to give up, but never could pull the trigger. Her bloody tears stayed and her heart ached with so much pain it was hard for everyone. I still don't know how she fought it by herself. She wouldn't let anyone near her. Her world is dark. She is a lost lamb on a trail of destruction." Kyle looked at me and I truly saw true terror.

There was something that he was determining to tell me. He knew something that Tori didn't.

"Jayson Goods you can't tell anyone this. Like anyone. Tori is the Phoenix. She is the thing that will destroy the world in flames. That is what she will do if she does not stay in control. Darkness, destruction, blood, pain, flame, and hell shall be in the trail of the Phoenix. The Phoenix shall be the one to kill Death and take this world and turn it to hell." Kyle sighed. "Since you woke up it was the first time that she had actually smiled in a while. Jay you need to keep the Phoenix at rest and not let her use her powers." I gulped and nodded.

Kyle slapped me on the back and laughed. "Hey Kid it's ok. It's not like she will go all Phoenix just because she gets pissed off. She'll be strong kid. She'll be strong..." Kyle's voice grew distance as he said that. I smiled to reassure him.

He looked at me "You know how tomorrow is T's birthday. She'll be turning 1,800 years old. That is her coronation night too." I saw his smirk. "How much do you love this creature of death kid?" Kyle asked in a sly way. I stopped and thought of what my fate could be and how I could be killed. Would it be worth it. In my mind she is dominate. She is all. She is the best.

"Kyle I don't think I could live without her." I said and I meant it with every part of me.