Chapter 2

Jayson

I woke up to see probably the most beautiful girl next to Grace. I called her angel. I'm probably dead. I think everyone is dead. I see her sigh and look away. I looked at her. She was perfect. Her hair golden blonde with a strange black strip of hair. Her eyes are like the diamonds of the sea, and looks like a fallen angel. She may have a blank face, but it is her blue eyes that tell her story. They aren't cold and heartless like she looks. The eyes are filled with lost, sorrow, pain, and the wish of love.

The strange girl spoke harshly, "My name isn't 'Angel'. My name is Commander Tori or Tori. I have been watching over you since I found you almost dead on the edge of the highway and brought you here 10 years ago." I watched her look away. She looked so sad, but hid it well.

"Well my name is Jayson Goods." I told Tori. She stood up. I could see more of her.
Tori looked so strong.She wore dark blue jeans with knee high black boots.The girl had on a camouflage shirt with a black leather jacket. A necklace that looked to be an original necklace from a few thousand years ago. She looked down at the necklace. It seemed to be made of gold and silver.

"Tori. Is that a nickname?" I asked her. She nodded. "Want to tell me about yourself?" I questioned her. Tori looked at me. She is mysterious in many ways and had a temper too.
"Listen Jayson" She said expanding the Y in my name. It made my name sound like it was poison in her mouth. "I don't need to tell you anything. So don't ask about me or my past. You won't get it." Tori snapped. "Since you're with me, you get to help me with kid duty. Be ready kid", Tori said still hard and cold.

She went out of the room to give me privacy. I ran to the showers. As I showered I thought about how she may have bathed me. I really hopped she didn't. That would not be very pleasing to her, but mostly to me.

I couldn't get over how much I have changed as I stared at myself in the mirror like Narsis the man who could not stop looking at himself.

I am 18 now. I don't remember much, but I remember watching Grace die. There was always Grace. She was everything to me. From what I got from Tori, Grace is probably dead like everyone. I looked down as I remembered her beautiful silky brown hair.
I walked out and Tori was leaning against the wall. She flipped her hair and looked up at me. My heart almost stopped. She walked up to me. I was in star struck awe. "Hey kid ready to go." She spoke smoothly. I nodded. "Uh kid you ok? Your drooling." Tori asked. My eyes went wide. "Uh let's go see the kids.", I said as I tried to save myself from more embarrassment. I hate it when people catch me in an embarrassing moment. Especially when it is a cute girl who I barely know. I mean come on. This is supposed to a good story right? I mean I fell in love. Wait did I just say that? What do I even know about love? I mean she is cute and all, but she isn't interested in me is she? How would I be interesting? She is perfect and well I'm... Well I'm me. Nothing special.
I sighed to myself. I just watched her look really confused. She played it off like she wasn't going to pay attention. I felt her smile even though her back was facing me. I knew she did like my lame humorous attitude. I could tell that she was amazing at everything that she'd do.