Chapter 15

Tori

I had to hurry out of Jay's room. I forgot that I had stayed with Jay. I knew had to get ready for the ball. I had to become the queen if I were to become a true Dracula. It was my destiny. I had to let my hair go to its full length. It went to the bottom of my back and was long and silky. I smiled and stepped into the hot shower. I rinsed my hair and washed it. I repeated it and used conditioner and rinsed it. I stepped out of the shower and the steam poured out of the shower and I dried off. My hair was like a cape as I put on my bra and underwear and slipped on athletic shorts and a tee. I walked into my room to see some of my old maids that made it out of the castle alive. It was completely worth trying to keep them all safe. It was what father wanted. They dried my hair and made it sparkle and had some of pinned with silver flower jewels. I looked like a young maiden. Then there was the dress. It was an old dress. One that I have saved for 1800 years.

The strapless dress was a turquoise blue. It had two silver flowers. One in the top left corner and then one on my right hip in the front. It was a flowy silky dress that went down to the floor. The top had ripples and covered up my chest. The bottom was hugged my hips then went down into a flow that didn't trip me. I still had a pistol and dagger on my hip under the dress because I was not going to risk being killed. I looked into the mirror to see a girl.
A princess.

The old me. The one that ran in the flowers and fields. The happy little girl that didn't understand how what it means to kill. What it means to take a life and cried when she did, but knew it was what she had to do. It was her job. It was Victoria. It was the old Victoria Elizabeth Helsing. She stared back at me with soft eyes. The eyes that showed compassion and hope. It was the side that I lost. She is buried away. Victoria wasn't the one to kill her dad that night. Victoria didn't become heartless. Victoria was the queen, but instead was slayed by Tori. I am no longer Victoria.

I am Tori.

A few hours later the coronation started. I stood in front of all those that were alive. The Prime Minister had a teirra on a velvet pillow decorated in crimson rose designs. He stood up tall and proud. His voice boomed through the crowd and droned on. I listened, but memories of daddy soon went to my mind. I swear I saw him in the back. He had his best suit on with a blue tie that matched my dress. I smiled a little to myself and he smiled to. It was the most amazing feeling. He smiled at me with his blue eyes shining. I knew he was proud. Proud of his little princess who grew up to adjust to this harsh world and hold on. Just hold on to a little bit of hope. Daddy looked at me and appeared behind me. His black wings folded at my side. I had mine hidden. I may be a vamp, but I had something with me too. I felt his cool breath against my neck. He smiled and I knew that he truly loved me. "Good job my little princess. You have become what I always wanted you to be." I smiled.

The Minister looked at me. "Victoria Elizabeth Helsing, do you promise to be a true Queen." he asked. "I do." I replied. "Do you promise to rule fairly as your father did?" "I do." "Do you promise to find a mate by midnight? Do you promise to keep this world from completely being destroyed. Will you protect your kind and the others? Can you truly become the queen?" his voice sounded so serious. I knew I had to become what my daddy always wanted me to be. "I will." I told him confidently and I meant it. I would protect all who deserved it. That I promise. I also promise to make you proud daddy. I silently promised that. I turned around and awaited for the taria to be placed on my head. I closed my eyes and all things came together.

The dance was to be started a moment after. I had to wait. I really hated being here. I just wanted to be gone. Away. Back in the castle where I used to live. I missed the old me. The me that saw beauty not blood. The me that ran through flowers. Not in limbs. That is what I missed. The smell of the ocean. Not of the victims I had slaughtered. This is the world I live in. I am now the ruler of this world. I know that there is something I must also kill. I'll have to worry about that in different time.

The music began to slow. A sad love song. The song that I knew well. This was the world of one thousand years for me. The song was my life. Waiting to caught before I fell. I was forever falling. It was 'A Thousand Years'. I wanted to dance with the boy of my dreams. It was what daddy had wanted. The song began and a hand grabbed mine. Rough yet gentle. I was swept off my feet.

His eyes were a soft brown that I knew too well. I smiled for the first time this night. He moved my body close to his. I felt my ears get red and my cheeks redden. I heard Kyle snicker and Sophia nodded as if she knew this was supposed to happen which creeped me out. Jay just danced me around the room as I tried to keep up. I wasn't a good dancer. I felt him look down at me because of course I'm way shorter. "I never got to tell you this, but you look beautiful." I blushed and nodded. I couldn't speak. His eyes lit up. I felt them stare at me with awe. That was when the life of Victoria came out. The happy girl.

That ended soon.

"Hello my queen." a voice said softly and my heart lept to my throat and I turned to meet silver eyes that had green surrounding them. His hair was jet black. I slowly breathed in as I saw Kalabar Blake. My heart closed off. "Hello Prince Kal. Nice to see you." I spoke in a formal voice. I felt my grip tighten on Jay's. His eyes lit up in surprise as I sounded so stiff. "Ah so you picked up dinner." Kal asked with an evil smirk. I was about to say something, but a growl stopped me. I saw Jay with wild eyes. His eyes were like mine when I'm pissed. Jay was a vamp? How? I don't know. I just knew he snapped quickly. "Back off vamp. She's mine. Mine only." he growled at the other male. An argument started between them about me and that wasn't going to happen. "I'M NO ONES! I FIGHT MY OWN BATTLES! I CHOOSE NOT YOU!" I roared. They both flinched. That shut them up. Thank god.

After awhile I gained my composure. Then my night got so much better. She was lucky I didn't have a pistol. It was my mother. "Hello mother." I greeted in a cold voice. Her grin welcomed me like the one of a fox. A fox that has a sly attack. That was my mother. "Hello my daughter." mother said. I replied with a nod. I really hated her. "Mom you're not welcomed here. Please leave." she faked a hurt look. I held her gaze as she faked a hurt look. She soon dropped the act. "Fine. I'll go your majesty. I'll see you on a blood red field full of your friends." mother said with a deadly smile. I felt a shiver, but kept my composure. I can't let my mother see weakness otherwise I'd be the dead one. I felt a smirk cross my face as she left. I so badly wanted to rip her head off.
Jay pulled me close and they were back to the argument I sighed as Kal bared his fangs in and Jay put me behind him. I saw that time was running out. Then I realized something. Kal was a rogue. It would take several hundred years for him to find a true mate and not claim girls as toys. I felt a growl grow in my throat. My eyes lit up in as icy blue. My fangs exploded from my mouth. The taste of blood filled my mouth as I bared my fangs.

Jay looked at me in surprised. I did the unthinkable and bit Jay right on the shoulder. I had to claim him as mine and mine only. My poison was released through my fangs. He shouted out in surprise then groaned in satisfaction. He already had fangs and nipped my neck to claim me. That was the way things were meant to be. I felt his body shut down and sleep as the poison started to change him.

Jay was rushed into the hospital room and put on blood just to make sure he didn't die because if he did then it would be my job to kill him. And trust me it would be very hard.