Chapter 21

Tori

I stood on the ledge looking out where the bodies lay. The bodies were Nightmares and humans and vampires all tangled in a mess. The red and black blood swirl and mix together. My heart wept emotionally. I looked down. A bloody tear dripped into a black blood of a Nightmare's. I gripped my necklace. My body shook really hard and my wings disappeared into my back. I picked up my jacket and slipped it on. I strapped my sword to my left shoulder. Jay came up behind me. He didn't dare speak to me. I stepped onto my bike and the others stepped into any cars they could find. Jay looked at me, "Kal's injured, half the army is dead, and we don't know where the group is. What do we do now?" I looked into his eyes. Mine shielded over in fear of what he will see what I truly feel. That isn't what Tori does. Victoria did, but Tori doesn't. "We keep moving forward. Meet up with the group and gather any survivors. We just keep on living. That's all we can do."  Faith nodded and Liv agreed. I stepped onto my bike. "We leave now." I said coldly.

The survivors piled into the trucks and cars. I nodded and slipped on my helmet. I leaned down into the bike. It was one where aerodynamics played a big role in the speed. My helmet had a black tint to it. I felt the bloody tears fall. "Move out and follow me." They men nodded and Jay wheeled up to me. I turned away and revved the bike. We had to get to where the main group was before another raid were to happen. "Tori..." Jay started, but I put my hand up to stop him. Now wasn't the time to talk to me. I just wanted to ride. Jay looked at me and put his silver helmet and nodded. I turned around one last time to see the fallen kingdom I made. The fires still moving. The Turned started to move and I had to get out of there. We flew into the night. My coat back flapping in the wind from the speed. Jay traveling close beside me. My only thought was how Daddy thought of me for failing.

We rode at night and slept during the day. It was all we could considering the Nightmares rising in the moonlight. We lost one or two people along the way before we hit the group. We were immediately greeted and found that there only 3 deaths. I looked around to find Sophia. Yes I know I haven't mentioned her as much, but she was family and I really needed her to stay with me. I saw the slimeball that was supposed to to be with my little cousin. I grabbed his collar. "Where is she?" He looked at me like he didn't know who I was talking about. "My cousin you dumbass. Sophia. Where is she!" He put his hands up in defeat. I nodded as he explained everything. I found her and she ran up to hug me. I hugged her tightly. It was all I could do. She was the only family related by blood close to me. Kyle was a coward. He should be dead and that's how I think of him. Dead. Jay watched me and soon ducked into our tent. I watched with a heavy heart. He doesn't like it when I keep things from him, but facing things alone is all I know. It's easier. I climbed a tree and watched the land. I didn't do anything, but watch the sun move.

Night soon came, but there was nothing to do. Jay joined me up in the tree. He didn't say anything. Jay sat against the trunk of the tree. He invited me over to him. I leaned back against him as his arms enclosed around me, hugging me against him. Jay buried his head into the back of my neck breathing softly on it.  "You didn't come to the tent. Why." I thought about how I should answer this. It took me several moments to com up with the words. "Because I needed to be alone..." I mummered. Jay pulled me closer. "You never have to be alone Angel. I'm always here." I nodded and looked out into the night. Jay sighed knowing he was wasting his breath telling me this stuff. I won't let him in further and he knows that. In despair he kisses my cheek trying to make me smile. It never once tugged on my lips. "Angel get some rest. I'll wake you if there is anything." I protested but he shut me down. I closed my eyes waiting to see what nightmare will decide to greet me. Jay sighed heavily.I felt the sleep drag me into the nightmare. I thrashed around in Jay's arm.

My kingdom falling all around me. The flames licked around everything. My eyes were ice cicles that glowed. My hands are on fire and my wings were too. Every time I touched something they burst into flames. The screams in agony filled my ears. My bloody tears burned the earth. Jay looked at me with scared brown eyes. I reached out to him. Jay backed off in fear. He screamed at me "MONSTER! GET AWAY!" I looked at myself to see her. The one who has been fighting and brewing inside me. I screamed knowing that I was losing myself. I can't describe the fear and pain. Jay ran like his life depended on it. I collapsed then rose not as myself, but as her. Then light came as I woke up with Jay soothing me. I looked up desperately at him. He wiped my tears away. I trembled in his arms. The howls of the Nightmares echoed around. I jumped down from the tree. I needed a walk. I just needed to be away.

I walked around on the border. The pale creatures moved about without notice of our little camp. I drew my sword just to be sure no Nightmares were noticing me. It seemed harsh yes, but I needed to be away from people. I climbed another tree and watching the pale creatures, one took notice, but soon after had a knife between its coal eyes. Others took notice and I was in deep crap. My wings burst out of my back as I jumped into the night sky. In my haste I taunted the little demons. They all growled and bared their yellow teeth. I laughed in triumph. There was no way they could get me circling over their heads.

Out of nowhere a shot rang out. A hard pain shot through my right wing. Blood dripped onto the Nightmares faces below. I grit my teeth and flew higher hoping to get out of range. My wing felt like it was on fire. I heard Jay yelling at the person who shot. It looked like Kal or Kyle, but I wasn't sure. Another shot rang and hit my other wing. I was going down. Diving faster and faster. The Nightmares gnashing teeth were about to greet me, but the ooze scattered on the ground as the bodies fell like stones. Jay reached for me, but couldn't grab me in time. I crashed hitting the ground hard. I gasped as the night stars stared down at me. Jay's head filled my view. My ears were ringing and my vision started to blur. "Hold on Tori hold on. Please for me hold on." I tried. I did everything I could to keep a clear head. Jay's bloody tears dripped onto face sliding down. I felt my eyelids get heavy. The Stars were dimming. My strength draining. Sound became silent and the world black. The flame was pulling me closer. I felt Jay kiss my lips. The world became dark. The last sound was Jay screaming my name.
I fell into a deep dark hole where the flame grew brightly in the black room, I was trapped with nowhere to go. She came out with a deadly smile. "I have been waiting a very long time Victoria. Now watch your world go to ash." Her maniacal laughter echoed and I screamed feeling myself start to drift away. The flame had consumed me. I lay trapped in a red room where I could watch my world die.