Chapter 14

Jay

    I heard Tori leave. I knew that she leaves every night, but I knew there was something different. I grabbed a black sweatshirt and blue jeans along with Nike tennis shoes. I grabbed a pistol and slipped out the door. I followed Tori to the surface. The  moon was as pretty as she was. The fallen angel stood out in the open. Her hair slowly blew in the breeze. She was smoking hot. A short dress that showed off her body. It was like the one Claire wore in Immortal Instruments City of Bones. I never knew that she could be a fallen angel. One full of despair. I watched her move smoothly through the grass as she seemed to do this dance with her katana. She whipped off her jacket and I really saw what was on her back.It was the reason I had called her angel.  She had a tattoos on her back that looked like angel wings. I was tempted to come out. I didn't want to stop watching her.  Tori was so graceful and beautiful. The moon just made her well... I can never describe her true beauty.

   I finally came up to her. She had her sword sheathed and was looking up at the sky. I could tell she wanted to cry, but knew that she wouldn't let herself . I walked slowly up to her and grabbed her waist. I just felt an electric connection between us. It was like a spark. She turned her head. Tori was about a foot shorter than I was even with heels on. I smiled a little and a tiny one played on her lips. I didn't know what to say and she turned to face me. I didn't know what to do. I gulped nervously. It is hard to just see the most beautiful creature in so much pain. Her eyes were so pretty yet seemed so scarred.
"Tori what do you want ?" I didn't know why I asked that.

Her blue eyes looked right into mine and her words were soft. "Jay I want sleep without nightmares." My eyes went wide. I didn't know what to say. I smoothed her hair behind her ears. "Tori would you like to stay with me for the night. Nothing bad. I'll keep them away." Her eyes shined because she might have a chance to sleep for the first time in a decade.

She followed me into my room. I gave her a sweatshirt that she changed into and I patted the bedside next to me. She walked over and sat down. I laid down and she did nothing, but stared at the doorway. Her sword at the side and gun ready. I slipped on sweatpants and took off my shirt. I knew Tori had only a bra and underwear on because her dress was neatly laid down on the ground all folded. I watched her never move. Her eyes locked on the door expecting something to burst through the doors and kill us both. I touched her back and Tori turned so fast that my head spinned. She looked at me with an apologetic smile. I didn't know what to do. She was radiant with beauty. I laid back down and looked up at the ceiling. "Hey Tori vamps sleep too ya know." I joked."Even warrior princesses who want to destroy the world." I raised my eyebrow trying to be funny. She giggled a little and I almost kissed her. Almost.

"Yeah I know Jay... I know. I just don't sleep anymore." Tori said sadly. I pulled her to lay on the pillow. "See this pillow won't bite you. The mattress won't either. So shut up and go to sleep." She gave me an annoyed look. I smiled stupidly and looked up at the ceiling and closed my eyes. I let the world take me where it pleased. The sweet dreams of a girl who is a fallen angel. Golden blonde hair and dark sea blue eyes. A smile that plays on her soft pink lips, and skin soft as a teddy bear. Her body so perfect and smell so sweet. Sweet like an ocean paradise. I walked up to her and grabbed her hand. She kissed my cheek and grew beautiful angel wings. Soft and fluffy like a cloud and white like snow. I pulled her closer feeling as if I may say goodbye. A tiny nip at the neck from her and soon I also become what she was. An angel with white feather wings. I laughed as we chased each other through clouds. Then all of it disappeared as a scream from my side became visible.

I jerked awake to see Tori curled in a ball. She muffled little screams and strange words. They seemed to be in an ancient language that not even an Italian would understand. I shook her awake. Her eyes seemed wide with fear and her hair was all messy. I pulled her close to my chest and whispered comforting words as she shook. This was something that Tori would only show to someone she really trusted. She buried her face deep in my chest and I blushed a little. Here was this smoking hot girl that never seemed afraid of anything buried in my chest because she was scared. I smoothed down her hair and laid down. She came down with me. I held her close and she finally calmed down. I heard her breathing become even and heart slow down. Wait heart? Vamps don't have hearts! Why can I feel her heart? I thought about it but slowly drifted to sleep. Tori laying in my arms face buried in my chest. Mumbling on how warm and safe it was. I smirked in triumph as I hoped this girl would fall in love with me. I kept her close and we both fell asleep into what I hoped were pleasant dreams. 

    I woke up and looked at the time. It was 8:30 so that meant I may have missed some things so Tori was now going to kick my ass. I used my left arm to wipe the sleep away. I was about to sit up, but I felt a weight on my right shoulder. I looked to see Tori. She was sleeping peacefully and in my sweatshirt. I thought about last night and remembered how vulnerable she actually is. Tori knows so much about pain, but not anything about love. I should show her. It was her 1800th birthday after all right. YOLO all the time. I shook her awake and she mumbled for me to go away. I kept at it and started to tickle her. I heard her shout out and fall off the bed.

    "Damnit dumbass, I was sleeping for the first time in 10 yea- Oh uh it is you Jay. Uh morning?" Tori said in a cute way getting a little red from embarrassment. "Well that is the way to wake up an 1800 year old vampire warrior princess who may I now mention be a queen." I told her confidently. She looked down self consciously, and her hair fell into her face. She looked at her dress in question. Her face went beat red. "J-Jay um what did we do last night?" her voice had a nervous tone to it. I didn't understand what she meant at first then I looked at her with wide eyes. "Tori! No no. We didn't do anything! I swear." I managed to say and she nodded. "I'm going to get ready for the coronation. I'll uh see you later." Tori said in a rush. She ran out in a hurry. I was left standing there starstruck.