Chapter 5

Tori

I looked into mirror. My eyes were a freaky light blue. It was the color that was looked like electric blue. I looked down on my dresser. A picture with Kal and me was in a frame. I felt tears fall. I was a monster. I was a demon. I was terrible. I failed my kind. I looked at an old photo album. I played I Have Lived a Thousand Years by Christina Perri. I was sure that everyone was asleep. The memories kept replaying. Daddy and I together. I was crushed. I realized that I loved a human. A human. How could I? Fate to me was cruel and harsh. I slipped on a black skirt and a black v-neck. I had on my favorite bracelet, and necklace. I sighed and sat on the floor. I wanted to cry, but couldn't.

I fell asleep at 5:30 and woke up at 6:30. I did my routine and was dragging the human around. He was strangely silent. Jay never looked at me. If he did his eyes never met mine. I never really saw his chocolaty brown eyes. I felt a giant hole form around my heart that I wish I had. Being a vampire I didn't have a heart or a soul. My life is always painful. I still knew that my eyes were a deadly light blue. This only happened to show my true vampire nature. I haven't told Jay about me being a vampire. I don't want him to know.

Later that day I had training like usual. I had Jay with me. He told the humans about the way to kill the Nightmares. Training was the place where I would unwind. It was also where Grace was. Grace of course flirted with the human. In my eyes she was a bitch. Just acted nice to boys for attention. I kept training though. It was hard to watch and I wasn't paying attention and a knife went into my side. It was supposed to represent a claw from a Nightmare. I fell to the ground in pain. Blood poured out of my body. Jay yelled my name.

My ears were ringing and the room was spinning. Hunger had started to set in my body. My fangs bursted out of my gums. It was painful, but could've been worse. I felt my eyes go to slits and light up where it was a dangerous blue that looked almost white.
"Tori! Tori!" Jay shouted.
I felt Jeb my tainer grab my arm. He to was a vamp too. I grit my teeth where the fangs broke my lip to make it bleed.
"Back off!" I growled.
Vampires attack any human when Hunger takes over.
"Princess Victoria I'd advise you to leave so you don't you know..." Jeb whispered and I growled to tell him get me out of there.
"Tori let me help." Jay said, and I growled at him to get away from me so I don't kill him.

Jay turned me to face him and he saw the true nature of myself, My fangs, the blood, nostrils flaring, eyes wild, and face full of Hunger.
"T-Tori you're a vampire!" Jay yelled.

I stood up and limped away. Jeb followed me and got the knife out of my side. The thing with vamps is we don't die very easily. Only by getting our head cut off, starving, and now the infection. I was gasping. My throat burned with Hunger from the loss of blood. I was strapped down needing blood. The wound had healed, but I needed blood.
"JEB BLOOD NOW!!" I screamed as I felt so much pain and the feeling of death... again. A sweet sensation hit my mouth as blood ran down my throat. I drank the blood eagerly like I haven't had any in 1,000 years.

I sighed as it was gone. Blood is hard to find now that the Nightmares have control. I had healed by using someone else's blood. That's how vampires live. We live on blood. That's the way we heal is by using blood.

My thoughts went to Jayson Goods. He probably is going to never trust me again. That's one less human right? Not. I can't cry. Vampires only cry blood too and sweat it. Yeah it's gross but hey humans sweat water. Anyway Jeb smiled his toothy smile to try and reassure me, sadly it didn't work.I faked a smile to keep Jeb from freaking out. I stood up and changed into my uniform. The uniform was an army green. The jacket had camouflage pattern that was a darker green. The pants were black. There were shin high black steel toed combat boots. I placed my pistols on my legs in the holsters. My katana in its sheath strapped to my back. My eyes were glassy and hard. I felt nothing, but the cold. My only idea was to leave. Go where the Nightmares lived and fight to survive even though I was going to be ripped apart the moment I stepped out of safety. That was it. I wasn't ready to live on. I did the worst possible thing. I almost killed Jay.
Jeb watched me and said "Princess you can't. The people need you. YOUR people need you." My eyes almost started to water.

I blanked out and saw my dad. He had two words. "Release demons." I felt the insanity taking over.

"Jeb get Captain Crimson, he and I need to renew our treaty my way. A dance" I spoke sternly.

I let my eyes light up. My fangs came out, but not of Hunger. No they came out to show that I was mad. My eyes were in slits. A vampire princess warrior should be feared. Love, happiness, sweetness, and all other happy and peppy emotions gone. My heart has broke for the last time. This was now the new Victoria Elizabeth Helsing. She is cold, dark, merciless, and cruel. The dark ooze of pain has corrupted her heart. Her eyes will now remain light and full of death. Fangs will forever show.
I put on a cape that my father would wear only it was more goddessy like, and silk. The dress had low sleeves that loosely hung onto my lower part of my arm where my shoulders could be seen. The dress went past my knees and the cape part made the dress look like a high low dress. The dress was pitch black. The shoes were 6 inch heels that were like sandals and the top part went just above my ankle. My hair fell into perfect curls and seemed to sparkle. I had a little tirra on my head that had one big crimson red crystal in the center. My make-up was black eye liner with blood red lipstick and mascara. There was a little blush to make me look like I had color. I looked at my new look. I smirked. Hell was about to break loose with me around.

I walked to see where the Captain was. I had my new body guards to keep me safe.
"Now Captain Crimson let's talk business. As in I rule you. You and all humans are now vampires blood cattle. I control. This is a dictatorship. And there will be a ball. To show peace a human and vampire that does not have a partner shall go together. That is that. Have a nice day." and I left with Captain Crimson astonished.