Chapter 8

Jay

I thought I would've lost her. I thought I would've lost Tori forever.

I didn't.
I saved her I saved the girl I loved.

I saw her mind. The darkness and pain she suffered. The love she misses and used to have. Tori is strong on the outside. On the inside she is lost. The evil remains inside the girl that must contained. Tori wants to be evil like her dad, but doesn't want to lose me. Where is the logic? I don't know. Girls are confusing creatures. One moment they are mesmerizing and the next thing you know they are screaming at you. I just wish they came with a manual. That would make life so much easier.
Tori is smiling brightly. I don't know why so I ask her why she's so happy.
This was her answer "The demons are gone and I am free. I shall be free like the angel with wings."

That is not Tori.

She still keeps her demons hidden even when they are gone. She still kills and does not deny it. It is her ways and who she is. She is a vamp to me. One that I may love. I don't want to lose her either, but I know she will lose me. She will live forever and I will die due to age. She is flawless in looks, skill, and thousands of other things. I watch her with fear. Not of what she is, but on if she'll leave me. I've seen the pictures on her walls of another person. One that I can't replace. One that has put a true love spell on her. One that is what she deserves. Maybe I'll have Grace.

I don't want Grace. I want Tori.

She looked at me. "Uh sorry you had to see my mind. A mortal shouldn't have seen that."
I slapped her and she looked astonished.
"DON'T DO THAT AGAIN! I THOUGHT I LOST YOU!" I yelled.
She had a smile on her face and giggled. Like a giggle that was like the sound of a sweetest bell. I looked at her like she was Harley Quinn.

After she laughed she slammed me against the wall.

It hurt.

Her eyes went to that crazy blue and her fangs showed. I thought I would be dead. "Listen 'kid' I'm a killer. The perfect murderer. I'm a siren, an African cat breed, a model, and Jack the Ripper all mixed in one. Everything about me draws you to me. I don't want a damn human around me like a pet. I realized that it's my fault you care, but I don't want my ways to be ruined. You're a human and I'm a vamp. We are from two different worlds that are meant to stay separate. I'll get your schedule to be changed to a human one. Maybe Grace's she'll like that." She let me go and stalked off.

Could've just said thank you since I saved your ass again. I wanted to say that so badly.
I knew she could snap me like a toothpick, but she wouldn't be able to do it. That's not Tori. She's just trying to push me away like always then draw me back in.

"Hey Tori! I love you! I want you to be mine! Did ya know that? Huh bitch did ya know that?" I shouted.

Shit Jayson. Stop talking. You'll piss her off and then she'll actually kill you. I kept yelling at myself, but my mouth kept running and Tori stopped.

She looked at me and a sweet scent hit the room. One of the ocean and her eyes went back to normal. Her fangs stayed, but didn't look deadly.
"Stay away from me Jay. You'll get hurt." Tori whispered as her hair covered her face and the smell of blood could've been easily detected. I looked at her with worry as I was scared. Tori was bleeding, but I didn't know what to do.

She just dissapeared into the darkness of her room leaving me alone in the hallway.
The next few days I never saw the vampire warrior. It seemed to be like she'd never existed. She was like a dream to me now. I asked around to see if anyone could tell me where she was. No one ever said anything. I was beginning to question if she was ever real. Maybe my angel was only a dream. Grace said nothing about her. Then again Grace was hitting on me at any moment she got and I just ignored her. That may have grave consequences in then end.

Sometimes I got a whiff of an ocean breeze or see blonde hair with a black stripe disappear around the corner of a doorway. The only way I knew she was living was by having her as neighbors with the way that the dorms were set up. I never saw her, but I always heard her sad music coming from the room or a scream by an unlucky soul that crossed her path when the Hunger was upon her. She just was never there and in a day the vamps and humans held a birthday for the girl. It was a dance and I was going to tell her that I actually wanted to be her boyfriend and maybe get her to change me.