Chapter 10

Jay

I never knew why I still had those unsettling thoughts of dreaming of the Angel. I wanted to see her. I know she sees me, but I want to see her. Not just in my dreams, but to actually see her. Touch her and see the true beauty she is. She may not be human, but she has human feelings and is fighting an impossible battle. That I did know. Tori was my thoughts. I had so many questions swimming in my mind.

"Hey Jay... Uh sorry about almost killing you." Grace looked down.
I didn't realize that she was there.
"It's alright Grace. Is there a pool here by any chance?" I asked in a depressed voice.
She nodded, "Yeah I'll show you. Oh that's right you swam when we were little." Grace said brightly.

I nodded and forced a smile.

Grace lead me to where the pool was and as I walked in I saw Tori. I swear I almost melted. She was getting out of the pool. Grace was babbling on and I didn't pay attention. Tori had on a black bikini. It made her look hot. She was like a model. Her hair was back as she came out of the pool. I watched her do a dive. It was a 2 and a half inwards flip. It took my breath away. Tori then went into the lanes for training. That vamp could slide through that water like a mermaid.
Holy shit she looks amazing. How can I even compete with that?
As I was in my fantasy world on watching the girl like a pervert in a bush, Grace grabbed my arm and pull me closer to her. She saw where I was looking and I swear smoke came from her nose.

Grace called Tori over to us. She flipped her hair and climbed out. It was like a commercial where the music shows a hot chick coming out of a hot tub.
I was lost for words.
She looked at me and blinked.
"Hey Jay." Tori said to me. Her voice was so sweet and calming. I mentally smacked myself to speak.

"Hi. Tori. H-hi Tori. I mean sup." I mentally face palmed for how well I talked to this girl.

She still had her cold look. Her fangs were still there. "Well nice seeing you, but I must go." the warrior said as she slipped on a black tank top and slid on athletic shorts, and started to walk away eagerly. I heard Grace snort as if saying good riddance. I couldn't watch her leave again. Not when she's so close.

I chased after her. Grace wasn't too happy about that.

I grabbed Tori's hand and looked into her eyes.

Time stopped.

"J-Jay I can't-" Tori started, but I cut her off, " Tori do you love me?" I asked.
I looked right into her eyes. She didn't speak. She was holding in all her feelings and it was slowly killing her.
"Jay please leave me." Tori said softly.
I didn't. I wasn't.
"Jayson Goods get the hell away from me." Tori said sternly.

I looked into her eyes and saw them grow more deadly. She doesn't scare me anymore. "I want answers Tori. I want to know who you are, what you are, and who's side are you truely on." I told the blonde.
She scoffed. "I don't need to tell a human about the past 1,700 years of my life."
I slammed her against the lockers.

Big mistake.

She had me pinned under her in a moment. She sat on my abdomen with a knife held against my neck. I was not scared, although I may have peed myself a little.
"See human you can't out run me. You can't out skill me. And you sure as hell can't outsmart me. Jay I owe you nothing." Tori said as she got up.

The knife went back into her boot, but missed and I didn't know if that was her intention. I saw that she had weapons all over her body. Knives, pistols, and her katana on her back.

She said nothing.

"Fine Tori I'll leave you, if you can look me straight in the eyes and say you don't love me."
Tori stiffened.
"Jay, I do love you."

Those four words that came out of her mouth made me go into a shock like state. I smiled like a dork and she looked at me not knowing what to do.
That girl soon slipped into the darkness and left. The only thing there was left of her was a knife and her ocean perfume. I was alone in the hallway with the lights flickering. Grace pulled me out of my state.
"Jay we are checking the borders. Like now. Let's move."
We were checking the walls. I was in my thoughts. Grace babbled like normal, but I nodded in response.

She loves me. She really does. Tori said it. I need to see her again. Wait Jay she may be dead. Tori could be dead. NO! She isn't dead. Tori isn't one of those people that kills herself. She's important in some way. I will find out no matter what. I will be her companion.

I saw her. Tori standing against the wall talking to another vamp. I was set off like a bomb, but she was smiling. I heard her laugh like a silver bell. It made me want just hug her. She was wearing a crop top that had some band on it and had on her classic leather jacket that held so many weapons I would run and hide in a room if she got mad. Tori's hair was up in a ponytail. Her eyes glittered with a dark blue like one of a rare gemstone. Her pants were just jeans that made her look really beautiful. Then to end it all her combat boots. She was looking around trying to think on what to do. Although she had weapons on her legs, shoulder, and back. I don't know how much ammo she had, but she is also deadly with her fists.

There was a shout as someone gunned another person down. I pulled out my pistol to see what I needed to do to protect myself. Then there was Tori who was there in blinding speed. She slit the gunner's throat and stabbed his head. I read her lips "Selfish human." I stopped and put the pistol away.
"Hey T you ok?" the boy she was talking to asked.
T?! HE CALLED HER T? I'LL KILL THAT IDIOT! My mind yelled, and I was restraining myself from tearing that vamp apart.
"Yeah Kyle. I'm alright. Just a damn human trying to kill us again. I ended it." Tori said with a smile. "That's my-"
I interrupted him, "Hey Tori." I said.
She looked at me like I was two-face.
"Uh hey T who's this um mortal?" the shaggy haired boy asked.
"This is Jay, Kyle, I watched over him when he was in the hospital." Tori said cooly.
I felt like a 5 year old saying something as my mom tried to cover up what I did.
"Hey Angel who's the vamp?" I asked like Kyle asked. She became very flustered. "WHO SAID I'M AN ANGEL?! HE'S MY BROTHER IDIOT!" Tori shouted becoming a cute shade of red.

I went into an embarrassment state since I thought that her brother was a boyfriend.
"Uh let me take this kid and set the rules kay T?" Kyle said trying to save my skin so I smiled gratefully at the vamp. She stalked off with her sword and cut off the head of a dummy.

I looked at Kyle expecting to die.
"So you think T's an angel huh?" Kyle asked.

I nervously nodded not sure what to do. He bursted into a laugh. I sighed in relief as he hooted and hollard.
"Victoria? My sister? An Angel? Ha! What are you on?" Kyle asked in between gasps and I cracked a smile.
"Uh nothing. Uh you're not going to kill me?" I asked.
Kyle laughed even harder this time.
"Nah I think you got a shot kid. You know I can tell ya about Tori."
I swear I could've hugged that dude. He sat down and I sat ready to hear about how Tori I want to know how Victoria became Tori.