Chapter 9

Tori
    I fell for a human. I put him in danger. I am danger. I am not human and never will be. I am a killer. A murderer and I don't want to kill him. Jay has so much more to live for. I fought for him to live. His scent. His blood. His looks. Everything seems like he is mine for the taking. I lost Kal though. I definitely don't want to lose Jay. Jay has a future in this lifeless world. I can't take it away from him. He wants to be like me, but what I am is the worst thing to be. The worst, most deadly, and vengeful creature to ever walk. I thought back to the last thing I said to Jay. The thing that will haunt me until death.

I closed my eyes as it all replayed.
    "Tori I love you! Did you know that bitch? Huh? Did ya know that!?" Jay shouted at me. I just stopped. My mind raced. 'I'm loved? He loves me? Why? How? I'm a killer never meant to find love. Jay leave me please.' My mind pleaded. "Stay away from me Jay. I'll hurt you." I mumbled with my back to him. Bloody tears streamed my cheeks. This was so hard. I should be killed right now. I can't look at him. I could feel his pain because mine was much worse.
    I felt more bloody tears come as my vision went red. The pain hurt so much I don't know how I am still standing right now. I felt the Hunger rumble inside me, but I was going to starve myself. I won't eat another human. I should let the Nightmares get me. That would be so much easier. I would let them take me, but I can't bring myself to do it. I drink a tiny amount of blood to keep me alive. I felt my throat burn with wanting for human blood. I controlled myself. This will be fun right?
    Still lonely.
    I watched Jay each night. Rarely did he ever wake up. I just needed to see him so I could be with him even if he never knew it. This was so hard though. I wanted to be with him, but I knew I would endanger him. I made myself get used to Hunger. That was the way I had to go.
    I am alone.