Chapter 4

Jay

I has heard screams out the door. I ran out of the children room thing to see Tori being attacked. I don't know what I was thinking, but I pulled out the pistol and shot at the head of the creature. I thought of Grace when Grace was attacked, but she got away. Tori got up and grabbed her sword and put it behind her back in the sheathe. I watched her throw a punch and hit me square on the chin. She had choked on some of the leftover blood. She had to have bit her cheek when the creature attacked her.
"YOU DUMBASS! I TOLD YOU TO STAY WITH THE KIDS! YOU ARE THE WORST BABYSITTER!" Tori screamed and hollered. "I just wanted a thank you just so you know." I mumbled, and she gave me a death glare that made my soul shake.

I watched her go to the pile of what once was a person. Tori's eyes showed so much pain. She stabbed the head of the person. Tori almost screamed in pain as she stabbed the head. I never ever ever would imagine Tori to be in any pain. She stood up and made her stone look.

"Let's move on kid. You know how to kill these things." Tori said.
Her face was hard and eyes seemed like ice. Now that I thought about it maybe she didn't have pain in her eye. Her eyes seem shielded.

"Kid let's move." Tori said more sternly.

I was older than her wasn't I? I shouldn't be called 'kid'. I was about to snap. She went into the kids' room. I could tell that she was going to tell the kids about the attack. She walked out and stopped at the end of the hallway to talk to someone that looked really familiar.

This girl was my age and a little shorter than I was. She had raven hair that had red dipped tips. She was wearing a white tee with a black jacket. The girl had on jeans with regular tennis shoes. I ran to the girl and wrapped my arms around her. This was Grace. My Grace. Yeah I fell in love at a young age, but she is perfect to me. Everyone thought she was crazy at the orphanage. I never saw it. Although all the girls that talked to me ended up getting hurt mysteriously. I never put much thought into it, but what 8 year old boy would you know? I think she is anyways. She is perfect. Grace stole my heart the moment I was at the orphanage. She was my first and only friend. When the civilization ended it ended fast. Grace hugged back and she cried a little. I almost did too. I smiled and kissed her for the first time. It was my first kiss as was hers. I heard the door slam and a flash of blonde hair. Tori left. I guess it made sense. She didn't want to interrupt.
"Grace how did you? When did you? God you're alive!" I almost started to cry and she did.

"You. I wanted to find you again even if you were dead. I just thought of you and Tori told me you were here, but wouldn't let me see you because you may have never woken up. Jay you found me" Grace said and actually broke into tears. My heart just lit up and I felt so teary eyed. I didn't cry though.

Grace and I walked to see the most mortifying thing I will ever see in my life.

Tori had her sword at the throat of a man. I saw a dead body next to them with two little holes on the shoulder that was spewing dark red blood. I heard Tori shouting in some strange language. I think it was Italian, but I didn't know for sure. Then I realized that Tori is really strange and mysterious. She refuses to show anything. I didn't know how she felt about anything. She was closed off and it was ticking me off. Tori shouted in english where I could understand. "TOBIAS YOU JUST ENDANGERED US! YOU KILLED A HUMAN! IT ISN'T THE TIME TO BE CREATING A WAR!..." Then she started to speak in Italian again.

Who was us? What killed that man with the two holes? Us though? That bothered me.
"Hey! Put the man down Tori." I said calmly and put my hand on her shoulder. Grace pulled me away and ran out. I didn't know why. I wanted to know why. Tori seemed violent in a threatening way, but not actually threatening.

The next thing that I heard was a sword hitting something hard. Tori came out with a blood stain on her face and the man Tobias I think his name was, covered in his own blood. Tori's eyes were freaky. They were so light and looked like hell's fire. It was not like Tori I've seen. Granted I only just got to know her in a way I guess, but she looked dominic. I would honestly rather face a Nightmare than Tori. The man that she was dragging looked like he'd rather be dead. "I'm taking out the trash Grace. Get a crowd." Tori snapped.

Later was scary. Tori was dressed in a black gown. It looked like Satan himself gave her that dress.

"This traitor has broken the treaty and will be banished to the outside where he shall fend for himself. Any objections may be said now." The girl I thought I knew said.
There was not a single sound. Tori nodded and threw the man over the wall. The man ran and ran. I could see through a crack. Then he fell and screams and howls came from the distance. "Dismissed!" Tori yelled.

I was stunned. Grace showed me to my room. It was a split kind of room. One that was like a hotel and had two doors that connected together.Tori in the room next to me and Grace on the other side. I slept without dreams. Darkness was my friend.