one; another new day

"Abby! What part of 'its our first day of school so don't be late', don't you understand?" I roll my eyes lightly as my sister Allison bangs on my new bedroom door.

"Uh, core concept?" I laugh lightly as I hear her huff and puff before walking away. I grab my shoulder bag full of almost nothing and take one last look in the mirror. Black ripped jeans and wonderfully plain t-shirt. I smile and tilt my head before leaving the room.

"I'm ready, I'm ready!" I grab my keys as Allison taps her foot impatiently by the front door.

"You girls going together?" Mom asks from the kitchen. I turn and give her a slight smile.

"Just like the other 100 first days at all the new schools. Ya know, in case it's full of freaks and we gotta get out of there." I give her a serious look to let her know I will run from that place if I need too.

She gives me a typical 'mom' look before shaking her head and turning away. I follow my sister to the car and get behind the wheel.

"I'm nervous. How am I nervous when we've done this a thousand times?" She asks as I continue the short drive.

I shrug and give her a light smile, "It's okay to be nervous, Al. They are still new people and this is still a new place no matter how many times we've done it."

I pull into the crowded parking lot and notice the stragglers making there way into the building. I find a good enough spot before we both get out of the car.

"We are so late." She groans and I laugh slightly.

"Yeah and so is the principal who's supposed to be meeting us outside, remember?" I bump shoulders with her, "We're early if he's late."

We both take a seat on the bench before Allison's phone rings for the third time this morning.

"Mom, I think 3 calls on the first day is a little much," she suddenly starts to dig around in her bag and I give her a look. "No, I did not forget a pen on the first day. I did not." She shakes her head and I look up to see a suited man walking towards us. I tap her leg and she quickly ends the call with our mom.

"Please tell me you have an extra pen?!" She asks urgently but I just snort lightly.

"I don't even think I have paper," I shake my head and give the man a bright, fake smile. "I don't bring anything the first day, you know that. I mean what's the point?"

"Hello! I'm the principal here and it's great to meet you." He sticks out his hand and thankfully Al shakes it. "Allison Argent and this is my sister, Abigail."

"These are you schedules and locker information. Follow me and I will take you to your first class."  He smiles at the both of us before walking to the main doors of the building.

We only walk for a few minutes before we stop in front of a closed door. I notice Allison take a deep breathe and I nug her arm. She gives me a smile before we all walk into the class.

"Class, these are our new students, Allison and Abigail Argent. Please do your best to make them feel welcome." He nods a little before turning and leaving. I notice a few open seats in the back and make my way to them.

Allison takes a seat behind a shaggy haired boy and as soon as she is in the chair he turns handing her a pen.

I feel something twist in my gut as I stare at him. You've got to be kidding me. I've only been in this school for 5 minutes and I'm already feeling the want to flee.