thirty nine; car chases

I laugh loudly, and maybe even a little psychotically, as I push down on the gas pedal. I grip the steering wheel of Derek's Camaro even harder as I turn a sharp corner. Both Scott and Stiles yell in panic as their bodies turned with the car.

"Oh, lighten up were only just pushing 70!" I look over to the passenger seat to see Scott's eyes widen in fear when they meet mine. In the rear view mirror, I notice the front of Kate's car getting closer and closer.

"Um, actually I hate to say this, but I think we need to go faster!" I smile at Stiles's words and notice Scott looks at him with even wider eyes.

"Faster? I can do faster!" I push even harder on the gas pedal and hear Scott yell in panic next to me as I take another sharp turn.

"If you go any faster, you're gonna kill us!" His hands reach over and grip any part of the car that he can.

I roll my eyes and shift gears as the car shoots forward, "First, if I go any slower my aunt will be the one doing the killing and second, Derek said I could drive, so stop complaining!"

"Uh-" I groan again in annoyance and look at Stiles in the rear view mirror, "If you complain I swear to god-" I look behind him to see a very familiar black car missing from behind us, "Oh shit, where'd she go?"

Stiles holds up the walkie talkie and holds it between the three of us, "All units, suspect is on foot heading into the Iron Works." We all share a quick look before I turn the wheel making a sharp right turn. In seconds we make it there alive and I slam on the breaks at the sight of Derek squatting behind a large piece of metal.

I thank the gods Derek's broodiness and his tinted windows as I catch sight of my dad. He stands high up and I notice a very familiar cross bow in his hands. I smack Scott before pointing to the backseat. He rips open the passenger door before climbing in the back, "Get in!"

Derek runs over and, literally, jumps into the car. Once I see him safely sitting in the car I gas it. I laugh when I hear both Stiles and Scott fall back into their seats. I slam my hands onto the steering wheel as adrenaline pushing through my veins, "YES! Now, that's how you drive a get away car!"

I feel a pair of eyes on me and turns to see Derek giving me a blank stare. I try to hide my smile, but there's no point.

Scott grunts and uses my seat to pull himself forward again, "What part of laying low don't you understand?"

Derek's fist bangs against the dashboard in anger, "Damn it, I had him!" My eyes widen and I look at the spot to make sure he didn't cause any damage. This car is too beautiful to be treated wrong.

I feel my eyes widen as I register Derek's words, "Wait, who? The Alpha?"

Derek looks over to me and I see the anger still lingering in his eyes. I smile at him to try and brighten his mood, but he just glares back to Scott and Stiles, "Yes! He was right in front of me, and the friggin' police showed up."

Stiles pulls himself up to us pushing Scott out of the way, "Whoa, hey, they're just doing their jobs -" His voice tapers off as he notices the very angry looking Derek, who is currently glaring at him.

"Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state." I feel Derek change is gaze, but I keep my eyes focused on the road.

"I don't know if you're glaring at me or someone else, Scott, but I just want to make it clear I had no part in that plan. Actually, I was the opposite of being a part of plan!"

Scott sighs and rolls eyes his from behind me, "Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumb ass mistake. I get it and Abby we all know you weren't part of it."

I smile brightly and make another, much slower, turn on the road, "Okay, good. That's all I have to say, then."

Stiles throw his arms up and appears between the seats again, looking to Derek, "All right! How did you find him?" He turns back in his seat and remains silent. I turn to give him a raised eyebrow look for a split second before turning back to the road. He continues to stay silent.

Scott lets out an annoyed sigh at Derek's lack of an answer, "Can you try to trust us for at least half a second?"

Stiles scoffs from the back seat, "Yeah, all of us," Again Derek turns and gives Stiles a very angry and very annoyed glare. I laugh quietly to myself at the sight. Poor Stiles. "Or just them. Or just Abby. I'll be back here."

"Hey, I'm here," I smile brightly at Derek from the driver's seat. "You trust me, sort of."

Derek exhales through his before looking at me silently. I smile again when he finally starts talking, "Look the last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out. She found two things. The first was a guy named Harris."

Stiles shoves Scott out the way and jumps forward between the seats, "Our chemistry teacher?"

I draw my eyebrows close together in confusion, "What the hell does our teacher have anything to do with an alpha?"

"I don't know, yet." He angrily and I could tell that he was frustrated with himself for not knowing more information. I know that no one really blames him for not having all the answers, or at least I don't, but he obviously blames himself.

"What's the second thing she found?" I ask once neither of the boys in the back do.

Derek reaches into his pocket and pulls out a folded and slightly crumpled piece of paper, "Some kind of symbol," I look over as quick as I can and my breath catches in my throat. I tear my eyes away from the paper and return them to the road. I can feel the stares of every one in the car. I hear Scott sigh from the back once he gets a look at the paper.

"What? You know what this is?"

I keep my mouth closed and let Scott speak first, "I've seen it on a necklace."

I close my eyes tightly before finishing his thought, "Allison's necklace."