forty six; heart to heart and surprise dates

I anxiously wring my hands together as I stand in front of the bedroom door, debating whether I should knock or walk away. I shake my head disappointed and turn around again to walk back to my room, before deciding to tough it out and I turn to face the door again.

I take a deep breath and raise my fist to knock, but last second I let it fall to my side again. I close my eyes and try to gain the guts to just go for it. What could possibly happen?

Well, she could tell me to screw off, call me the worst sister alive, or disown me as her sister all together.

Self-encouragement is obviously something I need to work on. My eyes shoot open as the bedroom door opens in front of me and I suck in a surprised breath. Allison stands in front of me with her eyebrows drawn close together in confusion. I awkwardly smile and give her a little wave, "Hey, Al. Can we, uh, talk for a minute?"

Her eyes nervously leave mine and fall behind me, "I'm actually
supposed to go meet Aunt Kate-"

"I really need to talk to you," I feel the nervousness slowly leave my body as I feel the desire to have my sister back flourish. "Please."

She looks at me as if she's really noticing me for the first time in a while before she gives me a small smile, "Yeah, of course," I notice the small amount of concern on her face as she opens her door wider, "Come in. Is everything okay?"

I slowly move into her room and go over to sit on her bed while shrugging nonchalantly, "Yeah, of course-" I look back at her and realize how much the gap in our relationship has messed with me. I suddenly shake my head, "Actually no, nothings really okay right now."

Her eyes grow more confused and I can tell that I've really gotten her attention now as she closes the door and moves to sit next to me. Her hand grabs mine, "Abby, what is it? What's wrong?"

I let out a little puff of air as I try to think of the words I was attempting to memorize minutes ago in my room, "I miss you. I know that you feel like you can't trust me and that ever since that night the school you've distanced yourself from me," I shrug and pull my hand out of her's slowly.

I feel heat come to my face, suddenly feeling stupid for thinking this was such a big deal. I stand from her bed and take a few steps away, "I never meant to hurt your feelings, or-or make you feel like you can't trust me."

She stays silent from behind me and I feel ridiculous as water starts to collect in my eyes, "Everything I do, I do because I want to protect you. I hope you know that. If I hide things, or-or if I can't tell you the out right truth, it's because I've been conviced that it's the best for you. I love you, Allison. You're my only sister and I've always just wanted to keep you safe."

I roll my eyes at myself and angrily wipe my cheek as a tear manages to escape. If there is one thing I hate the most, it's crying. It shows you'r weak and that is one thing I can't stand being. I jump as her hand suddenly grabs my wrist and turns me around before her arms wrap around me. I quickly return her hug and sigh lightly.

I hear her sniffle lightly before letting out a sad giggle, "I know you do. I love you, too. Even though you totally made me just ruin my make up." I laugh and shake my head, doing a little sniffling of my own.

She slowly pulls away from my body and I notice the guilt in her eyes. I reach out and rest my hand comfortingly on her arm, "What's wrong?"

"I'm not supposed to tell you," I feel panic start to grow in my chest at her words. "But I feel like I need to."

➳➳➳➳

I lean back against the head rest in my car and let a stressed sigh fall from my lips. It feels like within days my life has been turned upside down.

Allison knows.

I feel my stress be replaced by anger at the thought. Kate. She had no right to tell Allison and now she's put her in more danger than ever. I could tell by the scared and frazzled look in Allison's eyes that she wasn't ready for the truth.

And that she is still hiding something from me.

Thankfully, she only got what Kate knows, which doesn't include the fact that Scott is their missing beta in question. Although, Kate knows about Derek, yet Allison didn't mention him once during our confession hour.

I open the door of my car and step out int the freezing, brisk air. The only way for me to deal with the news is to push it to the back of mind, for the time being.

Out of all the other thing I can possibly be doing in this moment, I am going dress shopping with Lydia and Allison. I enter the mall to see the two girls standing by the entrance, waiting for me. Allison perks up at the sight of me and waves me over as Lydia continues to pick at her nails,
bored.

Once I reach them, no words are exchange, but we all start to move towards the escalators in the short distance ahead of us. I blank on the start of Lydia and Allison's conversation as I think back to the guilty look in Allison's eyes after our heart to heart. As if she didn't admit the entire truth.

What more could she have not told me?

"Nothing's wrong, I just-I have a lot on my mind." I get pulled back into the real world at the sound of Allison's voice.

Lydia gives her a raised eyebrow look, "You could smile, at least. Ever heard of the saying, 'Never frown. Someone could be falling in love with your smile'? Smile, Allison. I'm buying you a dress."

I laugh lightly at the two and try to ignore the light layer of tension in the air. 

Allison shrugs to herself, "Have to admit as far as apologies go, that's more than I expected." I'm not exactly sure what Lydia did, although my mind does flash back to her full moon make out with Scott, but I'm glad the two in front of me are trying to work it out.

Despite a few bumps in the road, they seem to get along pretty well and I'm glad Allison found someone she gets along with. I smile to myself as I think about Stiles and Scott, realizing that I've also found people I can rely on in this town. I even consider Derek Hale to be apart of my little misfit group of people that have somehow made me care about them.

Allison turns back to me before smirking up at Lydia, "But not as much as I'm going to ask."

"What? What's that supposed to mean?" Lydia turns to me confused, but I only shrug in response. I have no idea what Allison is hiding up her sleeve.

As we start to reach the top of the escalator, Allison's smirk only grows, "It means you're going to cancel on whatever dumb, roided up jock you said yes to and you're going to go with somebody else."

No freaking way.

I feel myself start to smirk as I catch onto my beautifully conniving sister's plan. Lydia's confused worsens when she notices both of us smirking, "Who?"

We rise to the top of the escalator and my smirk turns into a genuine smile at the sight in front of me. Allison nods her head in the direction of a lanky and awkward boy, who successfully just spritzed perfume into his face, "Him,"

Stiles looks up from the perfume cart and notices us moving towards him making an awkward smile grow on his face. "Don't frown, Lydia. Someone could be falling in love with your smile."

This should be fun.