thirty two; self igniting molotov cocktail

I watch as Scott grabs one of the metal lab chairs and pushes it under the handle of the door. I close my eyes tightly and try to control my breathing as I notice a shadow stop briefly in front of the door. I feel a grip around my wrist and look down to see Allison's hand gripping my arm. We all let out a collective sigh of relief as the shadow and the sound of footsteps disappear.

Scott looks over quickly, "Jackson, how many people can fit in your car?"

I watch as Jackson shrugs unsure, "Five, if someone squeezes on someone's lap."

Allison's head shakes in disbelief and her eyes widen, "Five? I barely fit in the back."

"Shows how much that expensive car is worth now, doesn't it?" I mumble under my breathe while rolling my eyes. I try to ignore the glare Jackson sends my way.

Oh, bite me.

Stiles shakes his head, "It doesn't matter. There's no getting out without drawing attention."

In watch Scott point over to a locked door in the classroom, "What about this? This leads to the roof. We can go down the fire escape to the parking lot in, like, seconds."

Stiles points to the big lock on the door stopping us from using it as an escape, "That's a deadbolt."

I look over to the rest of the group and notice the look of pure panic on my sister's face. Scott looks down disappointed at his lack of useful ideas, before his head shoots up quickly, "The janitor has a key."

I turn to face him and scoff lightly, "You mean his very dead and bloody body has it."

"I can get it. I can find him by scent, by blood." I stare at him wide eyed before Stiles takes the next sentence out of my mouth.

"Well, gee, that sounds like an incredibly terrible idea. What else you got?"

Scott looks between us before shaking his head and moving towards the others, "I'm getting the key."

Allison moves closer to him looking even more terrified, "Are you serious?"

Scott looks between all of us, "Well, it's the best plan. Someone has to get the key if we wanna get out of here."

"You can't go out there unarmed." She points to the door and we all look quickly knowing that something evil is lurking behind it.

Scott looks around us before grabbing a plastic pointer of the tray connected to the chalk board. I feel my eyebrows grow closer at his stupidity, "Are you serious? It likes you want to die!"

My whisper yells and the looks thrown at him from everyone makes his shoulders shrug, "Well, it's better than nothing."

Stiles sighs and looks around us some more, "There's gotta be something else."

"There is." I turn to follow Lydia's gaze, which is locked onto the chemical cabinet a few feet away.

"What are we gonna do? Throw acid on him?" Stiles asks sarcastically.

Lydia stares at him challengingly, "No. Like a fire bomb. In there is everything you need to make a self-igniting molotov cocktail."

Stiles's tongue gets tied up as he tries to repeat her, "Self-igniting.."

"-Molotov. Cocktail." She looks around the group and notices the wide eyed straes we all give her/ I smile lightly knowing there was something more here than strawberry blonde hair and nail polish. "What? I read it somewhere." She shrugs us off.

Stiles scoffs lightly pointing to the cabinet, "We don't have a key for that either."

Jackson sighs annoyed before smashing his elbow through the glass doors. I watch it shatter before we all start grabbing chemicals and placing them on the table.

I pass Lydia an empty beaker and she smiles lightly at me thankfully.

"Jackson, hand me the sulfuric acid." I notice his hands stop between two chemical filled glasses before deciding on one and handing it to her. I go to reach for the bottle he left behind to read the label, but my sister's voice stops me.

"No. No, this is insane, you can't do this. You cannot go out there."

Scott takes the home made bomb and shakes his head, "We can't just sit here waiting for Stiles' dad to check his messages."

Allison rolls her eyes lightly as if not understanding why Scott was so persistent, "You could die. Don't you get that? He's killed three people."

Scott moves towards the classroom door, " "And we're next. Somebody has to do something,"

Allison stops him once again, "Scott, just stop. Do you remember- do you remember when you told me you knew whether or lying? That I had a tell. Well, so do you. You're a horrible liar. And you've been lying all night. Just-just please don't go. Please don't leave us. Please."

Scott stares at her for a few silent seconds as tears fill her eyes before looking to me me and Stiles, "Lock it behind me."

She grabs him one more time and pulls him in for a kiss and I look away trying to give them privacy.

At the sound of the door closing I turn back, I notice Scott missing and a fear struck Allison. I move closer to her and she quickly wraps her arms around me tightly.

She suddenly pulls away from, but keeps a grip on my hand. She pulls me a few feet away from the group with fresh tears still in her eyes.

"What's going on?" I ask her quietly.

She sighs quietly before looking away from me and to the floor, "You know, I've never been able to tell if you were lying to me. You've never had a tell or a sign, but when Scott told us Derek was here killing people I could tell you were lying, Abby."

I knew at the end of this, I would have a lot of explaining to do.