thirty six; irony

I feel my eyes involuntarily roll as Mr. Harris starts speaking, "You have 45 minutes to complete the test. 25% of your grade can be earned right now simply by writing your name on the cover of the blue book," I look over to see Stiles hastily grab his pencil and write his name on the cover of this dreadful test. "However, as happens every year, one of you will inexplicably fail to put your name on the cover, and I'll be left yet again questioning my decision to ever become a teacher. So let's get the disappointment over with, begin."

I look down at the test and make sure that my name is printed in my handwriting before turning over the page. I stare numbly at the test knowing already that I didn't walk into the classroom with enough attention to pass it.

The words seem to all blend together as I feel my eyes close slowly do to the lack of sleep I've been getting. I jump awake at the sound of Mr. Harris's voice, "Mr. McCall?" I look up in just enough time to see Scott's body flying out of the classroom door. Within the next five seconds Stiles was out of his seat and following Scott. "Mr. Stilinski!"

I look down at my blank test paper and sigh, laying the pencil down on the desk. Unlike the other two I gradually stand and put my bag on my shoulder before walking towards the door. I could feel the eyes of the students around me following my every move, but I ignore them all.

"Miss. Argent, you walk out that door, you fail this test."

I shrug my shoulders and continue walking, "Was gonna happen anyways."

I look around the hall and don't see either Scott or Stiles. Always so dramatic. I take a left and walk to the place that seems to be the area for every dramatic event that happens in this school. As I push open the locker room doors I ignore the smell of sweat and look for the guys. I hear heavy breathing and my eyes widen thinking I've walked in on something much more r-rated, but before I turn around to leave I hear Stiles, "What's happening? Are you changing?"

Scott's voice is pained, "No. No, I can't breathe."

I rush over and squat down next to a wet and shirtless Scott, putting my hand on his back. "Here, use this. Come on, do it." Stiles pushes an inhaler into his hands and Scott quickly complies. He takes a deep breathe with the inhaler and soon he starts to calm down.

"I was having an asthma attack?" His eyebrows pull together in confusion and I feel the same.

"No, you were having a panic attack. But thinking you were having an asthma attack actually stopped the panic attack. Irony." Stiles sighs.

I look up to Stiles and quirk my head to the side, "How'd you know to do that?"

Stiles looks down and speaks quieter than before, "I used to get them after my mom died. Not fun, huh?" I look away from him feeling bad about asking about something so personal. Even though I've gotten to know these two amazing people in front of me, I know we haven't gotten there yet. I didn't want to make Stiles feel like he needed to explain.

Scott closes his eyes, "I looked at her, and it was like someone hit me in the ribs with a hammer."

I don't hesitate to realize he means Allison and I feel bad that someone was hurting Scott, even if it was my own sister.

"Yeah, it's called heartbreak. About 2 billion songs written about it."

Scott shrugs lightly leaning against the shower wall, "I can't stop thinking about her."

"Well, you could think about this: Her dad's a werewolf hunter, and you're a werewolf, so it was bound to become an issue." Stiles looks at me when Scott doesn't respond to his way of helping. If you can even call it that. I just roll my eyes at him.

"Scott, listen, my sister..she's a complex person. Not in a bad way, it can just be difficult sometimes. She completely relies on trust and if she doubts for one second that you aren't being truthful she starts to shut you out. She' always been that way," Which makes me feel even guiltier than even considering I've been lying to her for years. "She's always been that way."

Scott looks at me sadly before shaking his head, "It's not even the break up, though. It was like I could feel everything in the room, everyone else's emotions."

Stiles shrugs out his answer, "It's got to be the full moon. So we'll lock you up in your room later just like we planned. That way the Alpha, who is your boss, can't get to you, either."

"I'll be there to help." I smile the best I can at the two and they try to return it. Though I notice Scott's smile fade as quickly as it came, "I think we need to do a lot more than lock me in my room."

Stiles looks at me confused and I shrug unsure of what he means, "What, you mean because if you get out, you'd be caught by hunters?"

Scott looks between us both, "No. Because if I get out-I think I might kill someone."

➳ ➳ ➳ ➳

Just want to say I'm so thankful for those who comment and vote on the chapters I post! I read every comment and they motivate me and keep me going! Thank you so much and ALSO Merry Christmas!!! I hope everyone has/had a great Christmas! ❤️