twenty six; dying cat and last words

Derek reaches down to injure the vet again, but Scott's voice stops him.

"Hit him again, and then you'll see me get angry."

I hold back a laugh knowing it would probably earn me some serious glares.

"Do you have a plan?" Derek asks him doubtfully.

Scott sighs and looks around stressfully, "Just give me an hour. Then meet me at the school. In the parking lot."

"Well, I can honestly say this is not how I saw my night going,"

They both turn and give me dull looks and all I can think to do is shrug in response. 

  ➳➳ ➳ 

I watch Stiles pace the ground repeatedly, "This is a terrible idea."

"Yeah, we know." I say rolling my eyes at the entire plan itself. How badly is this going to end?

I stare up at the school and I can't help but notice how horrifying it looks at night. All the windows are blackened and the moon barley castes enough light to make out details.

"But we're still gonna do it?" Stiles stops pacing looking between us with hopeful eyes.

"Can you think of something better?" Scott says rhetorically, but it almost sounds like deep down he was hoping Stiles did have something better.

"Well, personally I'm a fan of ignoring a problem until eventually it just goes away."

"I couldn't agree more," I mumble and Stiles points to me as if I was a reason to not continue on with the plan.

"Would you two stop agreeing about everything," Scott sighs and then we all look over at the sight of headlights. "Just make sure we can get inside. He's here. Where's my boss?"

Derek steps out his car and I take notice of how he looks even more gloomy in the dark. Trust me, the man looks amazing, but also incredibly gloomy.

He nods to the backseat window, "He's in the back."

Stiles scoffs lightly and shakes his head, "Oh, well, he looks comfortable."

I look as well and notice Deaton tied up and laid awkwardly across the backseat.

Scott, Stiles and I start to make our way to the school until I feel a light tug on my arm, "Wait. Hey. What are you doing?"

Scott turns around at Derek's voice and I realize he still hasn't removed his hand from my arm. 

"You said I was linked with the Alpha. I'm gonna see if you're right. Abby, you stay here and make sure nothing happens to my boss."

I roll my eyes lightly, "What could happen to your boss?" I realize that Scott is looking between Derek and Deaton before picking up on what he was saying. "Oh, yeah alright."

I watch them both walk away towards the empty school before turning back to Derek. By now, his hand is removed from me and we stand in silence. 

"So, can I ask what made you bring me along with you on your adventures today? Or are you just going to ignore that question and continues to glare at the air?" I speak lightly. I walk over to Stiles' jeep and open the passenger door. 

When I see a familiar black bag I reach in and grab my bow. I notice there are only a few arrows left with it, but hopefully they won't be necessary. 

"If I don't answer are you going to shoot me, again?" I turn back to him surprised that he said anything at all. 

I smirk lightly before testing the weight of the bow in my hand. "I don't know..I haven't decided yet."

He shakes his head and I notice his lips crack the smallest smile. Holy shit, I made Derek Hale smile. I feel like I deserve an award of some kind. 

"I don't know. I saw you in the woods and decided to being you with me. That's all," 

I continue to stare at him not believing that bullshit story. I open my mouth to try to get him to continue when a whiny high pitched noise echos around us. I wince and cover my ears for a second before the noise disappears, "Oh god, was that Scott trying to howl? That was the best impression of a dying cat I have ever witnessed."

As I finish speaking a loud and deep noise surrounds us and I smirk realizing that Scott figured out how to not sound like a 4 year old little girl throwing a tantrum. I turn around at the sound of foot steps behind me and see Stiles and Scott walking over.

They both are smiling brightly, but Derek's next words make their smiles disappear.   

"I'm gonna kill both of you. What the hell was that? What are you trying to do, attract the entire state to the school?"

"Sorry. I didn't know it would be that loud." Scott smirks confidently again making it completely obvious that he wasn't really that sorry.

Stiles cheers him on, "Yeah, it was loud. And it was AWESOME."

I can't help but laugh at the two and be proud of Scott. Even if Derek is right about that being incredibly stupid, it was pretty awesome.

Derek glares at all three of us, "Shut up,"

I smirk at him again and laugh lightly, "Oh come on, Derek. Don't be such a sour wolf."

Scott walks over quickly to Derek's car before turning back looking worried, "What'd you do with him?"

Derek looks at him just as lost, "What? I didn't do anything."

"Seriously we've both been standing here this entire time I would have saw something," I walk over and look into the window to see Deaton's unconscious body missing. "Yeah, nope I would have definitely seen that happen."

I turn back around to face the boys, but I jump back when I see the sight in front if me. I open my mouth in horror as Derek's body is lifted into the air and dark red blood pours from his mouth. I feel someone grip my air and start to pull my body away from him and I numbly follow them.