fourteen; dates and broken windows

I rub my tired eyes as i walk to my room. The house is unusually quiet, but for the sake of my headache I'm enjoying it.

"Abby! Come in here!" Or at least I was. I turn around and march my way back to Allison's bedroom door. I lean on the door and put my arms across my chest, "Hey Lydia," I smile slightly when I see the strawberry blonde sitting on my sisters bed.

She jumps up and quickly walks over to me before wrapping her arms around me. I don't get the chance to return the hug before she turns around and shakes her head the shirt my sister holds up.

"Let me see," Lydia sighs before going over to the closet to have a look for herself.

"Oh yeah, you guys have that big date tonight right? Sounds..fun?" I grimace at my own words and Allison laughs lightly.

"God Allison, your taste is dwindling by the second," Lydia giggles at her own joke before reaching back into the closet to take out a black sequined top, "This!" She beans it over and I find myself laughing.

"That's actually mine, but since according to Lydia it's the only thing acceptable to wear tonight, it's all yours."

Allison smiles as she holds it up in front of herself and takes a look in the mirror.

"Dad, hello.." Allison says suddenly making me turn around to see him standing slightly behind me.

He smiles, but a look of realization crosses his face, "Right, sorry. I completely forgot to knock.

Lydia flops down on the bed and gives one of her signature smiles, "Hey Mr. Argent."

"Hey, do you need something? They have a big date to get to?" I ask laughing lightly.

"Actually, I was going to tell Allison she will be staying in tonight." My smile quickly fades at the look my dad gives me.

That hunter parent look.

"What? I'm going out with my friends tonight." Allison argues giving him a slightly pleading look.

"Not while some animal is out there attacking people. It's out of my hands, there's a curfew and no ones allowed out past 9:30 pm. Hey, no more arguing." He gives us all one last fake smile before turning and leaving.

He stops and I feel his hand touch my elbow, "Down stairs in ten minutes." I ignore him until he shakes his head slightly and leaves completely.

"Huh, someone's daddies little girl," Lydia chides and she shakes her head.

"Not tonight she's not. You're sneaking out. Get dressed into your super cute outfit and get the hell out of here. I'll distract."

Allison smiles brightly at me before throwing her arms around my neck. "I love you,"

"Yeah, yeah. Just promise you'll have fun!" I smile one more time at Lydia as I leave the room. I feel dread fill every aspect of my body as I walk down the stairs. I walk into the living to see my dad standing by the unused fire place.

"I'm running out to get some gas. We haven't had anytime to talk yet so I was thinking you'd want to go with me."

I look down at my ripped jeans and converse debating with myself before nodding. Even though my dad and I may disagree, on many things, I was still my dad and I loved him. We both climb into the SUV and I mess with the radio as he starts to drive.

"How's everything going here? School and friends?" He questions and I turn from the window to look at him.

"Everything is...different," I think back to Scott, Stiles and Lydia. I never would have found myself being friends with them, but I'm happy I am now.

"Good different," I smile as I think of the broody werewolf with horrible trust issues, "I like it a lot."

I watch as we pull up to the gas station, "Wanna go inside and pay for me?" He asks and I nod taking the twenty from his hand.

I jog into he store and realize the entire place is empty expect for the cashier. I quickly pay him and walk back outside, but what I see makes me stop immediately. I not only notice an extra, and very familiar, SUV but also a black camereo. I quickly regain some sense and I run over to the Camereo.

My suspicions are sadly assured as I see Derek standing by the car pumping gas as if nothing was happening. I turn to the right to see my dad standing outside of the car and smirking slightly at the werewolf in front of us.

Two of my father's men step out of the adjacent SUV and I take a deep breath trying to calm myself down.

"Nice ride," I hear my dad say and he walks over slightly running his fingers over the roof of Derek's car. "Black cars though, very hard to keep clean. I would suggest a little more maintenance." I watch as he picks up the window washer and starts to clean the windshield.

"Dad, what are you doing?" I ask and I notice the hostility in my own voice.

He continues to wash the window completely ignoring me, "If you have something nice, you want to take care of it, right? Personally I'm very protective of the things I love." I take a deep breathe again and try to meet Derek's eyes. He finally looks at me quickly.

I shake my head lightly trying to silently tell him I'm sorry. All I can feel in this moment is anger towards my father as I watch him continues to clean the window.

"That's something I learned from my family. And you don't have much of that these days, do you?"

"Dad!" This time everyone turns to me and my eyes move from my dad to Derek. All I can hope is he doesn't think I did this willingly.

"There you go. You can actually look through your windshield now. See how that makes everything so much clearer." I watch as he starts to walk back over to the SUV and I sigh content that no one was hurt in this masculine spitting contest.

"You forgot to check the oil." I give Derek an 'are you dumb' look as he basically calls for my father to come back. He just stares at me with that blank look.

"Check the man's oil!" My dad yells and I watch as one of his goonies walks over and smashes in the drives window. I gasp slightly and step back.

I glare at my dad as he smirks once again, "Drive safely." He grabs my arm, but I yank it back and shake my head. I get into the car and slam the door the shit behind me. I watch through the windshield as we pull alway from the gas station.

"Listen-"

"Don't talk to me."