forty; the truth doesn't stay a secret

I hold open the door behind me for Scott and Stiles as we dreadfully walk into school, "This is gonna be impossible, you know."

Stiles shrugs his shoulders, not seeing why Scott is so stressed about asking Allison for her necklace, "Why don't you just ask her if you can borrow it?"

I roll my eyes at the idea, "Yeah, because it's not like they're not dating, and she's not avoiding him-Oh wait."

Stiles gives me a sarcastic smile before bumping his shoulder lightly into mine. Scott rolls his eyes at the two of us, before getting back to the plan, "How?"

"It's easy. You just say, 'Hey, Allison, can I borrow your necklace to see if there's anything on it or in it that can lead me to an Alpha werewolf that I need to kill in order to get back together with you?'" Stiles suggests, trying to avoid bumping into every person we pass. Walking in threes down a busy school hallway isn't as easy as it sounds.

Scott looks around paranoid that someone will hear Stiles before looking back slightly annoyed, "You're not helping."

Stiles looks to me before narrowing his eyes slightly, "Remind me again why we aren't just having you, Allison's sister, get the necklace?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe because the only person Allison is avoiding more than Scott is myself and she almost never takes the damn thing off. Plus, I'm not stealing from my sister."

Scott turns to me reassuringly, "Abby, don't worry, we aren't asking you to do that."

Stiles exhales through his nose as if he doesn't understand my reasoning before pursing his lips and turning back to Scott, "Why don't you just talk to her."

"She won't talk to me. What if she, like, only takes it off in the shower or something?" I wrinkle my nose grossed out at the way this converstation has turned and my eyes grow wide as I notice Scott has stopped walking completely.

"That's why-that's why you ease back into it, okay? Get back on the good side, remind her of the good times. And then you ask for the necklace-"

I cut Stiles off and smack Scott on the back of the head when I notice his distant stare, "I am not even going to say what I think you're thinking about right now." His face grows slightly red at my words and I can't help but gag slightly.

I start to walk forward, but turn back to glare at Stiles when I hear them speak, "You were thinking about her in the shower, weren't you?"

Scott sighs again looking away, "Yeah."

I shake my head and exhale throw my nose before walking away from the two and toward my next class.

Boys.

➳➳➳➳

I move down the hall to see Scott at his locker. I open my mouth to call his name, but stop when I notice Jackson approach him. Scott flinches in surprise when he suddenly slams his locker door shut and Jackson smirks at him. I hang back a few feet away and lean against the lockers on the other side of the hall.

Jackson confidently raises an eyebrow at Scott before saying the last time I could imagine in this situation, "I know what you are, McCall."

I notice Scott's face grow paler at the words and his breath catches, "Wh-What?"

"I know what you are." I stop myself from walking over and nailing Jackson right in his face. I glare at the side of side wishing it would just erupt in flames.

"I'm sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about." Scott shakes his head slowly trying to throw Jackson off, but he stays as confident as ever.