five; drunk teens and dream cars

I hold the plastic cup in my hand as I continue to watch the multiple drunk teenagers clobber around. I laugh slightly as a girl almost falls into Lydia. She shakes her head annoyed, before her eyes settle onto me.

Her face lights up with her bright smile, "What are you doing all alone?"

I take a sip of my drink and look around again. "Oh you know, having some quality me time and laughing at the drunks."

She laughs tightly, "Well,
why don't you come with me? I'm sure I could find a guy on the team who would love to spend the night with you." She sends me a wink and I try not to revolt at the idea.

I'm almost sure this is her way of being nice and I believe I've somehow found myself being one of the few she even attempts to be kind to.

I give her a look and shake my head, "That couldn't sound any more amazing, but sadly I won't be here for much longer. Anyways, I need to keep an eye out for Allison."

She gives me a confused look before pointing to a couple dancing closely, a few feet away, "She's already here. She's dancing with that guy." My eyes follow Lydia's manicured finger and I see her with the same boy she had been inquiring about.

I distractingly hand her my drink and slowly make my way towards the two.

I notice Allison seems to be distracted by the boy in front of her. As if no one else in the room mattered.

I watch him closely as he starts breathing heavy and tumbling. I look up to the full moon and back at him. My gut feeling returns.

But instead of focusing on him, I notice someone else standing off to the side and away from the party.

The mysterious brood from yesterday; Derek.

My mind runs blank as I take in his features once again. His eyes catch mine and then in the blink of an eye he's gone. I shake my head slowly and turn back to my sister, but she is long gone too. I feel my heart race pick up and my feet start moving.

I walk into the house pushing past sweaty teen after sweaty teen. After no luck, I walk out the front door to see her standing on the walkway alone.

I grab her arm and pull her closer, "Are you alright? What happened with that guy? Did something happen?!" I ask urgently looking her over. She gives me a confused stare before looking down the road.

"Scott? He left," Her eyes hold sad confusion and my heart hurts for her. "He just left."

Scott. Well, at least I have a name to go with the face.

I sigh in relief and take her hand. If  he left, he can't do her any damage. "I don't know, Al. Maybe he wasn't feeling well,"

A different, and much more gruff voice cuts me off, "Allison, Abigail, I'm a friend of Scott's. My name is Derek. He asks me to give you a ride home." He nods his head to the sleek black Camero sitting on the side of the road.

Allison gives him a wary look and I understand why. The guy has the typical bad boy look to him, but I don't feel scared of him. Despite all my training, I slowly nod my head. Even though his entire appearance screams dangerous, I follow him to the car.

If Allison and I die because of this decision, my dad will bring me back just to murder me again.

Reassuringly I know I can take care of myself and Allison if I need too. My dad made sure of that years ago. Allison climbs in the back hesitantly and I take the passengers seat.

The drive is awkward and I can probably cut the tension with a blade. We slow down in front of our house and I realize he never even asked for directions.

Mr. Broody is slowly directing himself from, hot mysterious guy, to hot mysterious creepy guy.

Allison is out of the car in a split second, but doesn't shut the door when I don't follow.

"I'll be right in," I give her a smile and a reassuring nod until she finally shuts the door. I watch her take a few steps away, letting the smile fall from my face. I turn my body to face him, Who are you?"

"I'm pretty sure we've already gone over names. I think you should get out now." He says not even taking one look at me. I narrow my eyes at the lack of attention I'm receiving.

Well, that's rude.

"No, I want to know who you are. Who you really are." That's when he finally turns to look at me. Surprisingly, his eyes are a mossy green instead of brown, which is what I expected.

"I don't know what you mean." His eyes hold me captive before he turns back and puts a hand on the leather steering wheel.

"I'm going to see you again, you know that right?" I ask still not moving from my spot. He doesn't say anything, but silently continues to wait for me to leave. "I'm looking forward to it." I smirk before quickly opening my door and hoping out.