twenty one; dont suffer alone

I continue to walk between the trees waiting for the semi familiar house to come into view. I hear the sound of leaves crunching nearby and I stop walking.

I look to see Derek, shirtless might I add, running. He slows down and turns back towards his house with a worried look. I take a step forward and his head immediately snaps in my direction. I keep walking closer and closer and notice the complete and utter sadness on his face.

I stop when I'm just a few feet away, "What happened? What's wrong?" He doesn't say anything, but just turns to look back at the house again.

"The alpha..he killed my sister. It was all part of his plan."

I take in a shocked breathe, I never thought that Derek had killed his own sister, but I never even thought about linking her to the alpha either. I take another step closer and try to ignore the fact that his completely toned body was on display. "I'm so sorry,"

I thought for a minute he would move away or reject my apology, but he stays where he is. Just seeing the sadness on his face made my chest hurt and I can't, or maybe won't, let myself stop to think why.

Instead I make a bold move by moving closer and wrapping my arms around him. He stays completely still, but instead of pulling away I just hug him harder. Even though I haven't gotten to know Derek well and I'm pretty sure he still might hate me, I couldn't let him suffer alone.

"It's okay to be sad and angry. I understand and I'm sorry." My words are muffled by his bare shoulder and I'm about to pull away when I fee his arms circle me.

Being this close to Derek all at once felt oddly comforting and I knew it probably would never happen again. If I hadn't caught him in such a vulnerable state it wouldn't have happened at all.

I hear something in the distance and suddenly his hands on my waist pulling me away, "You've got to get out here. Go home and stay away for a while. Kate is here and she can't find you here." I notice his face is once again the blank look it usually is and I give one last sadden look before nodding and turning away.