twenty four; arrows and visits

I take in a deep breathe and focus all my senses on the red dot on the tree a few feet away from me. I slowly raise the bow in my hand before drawing back the arrow and resting it just barley against the skin of my cheek.

I zone in on the target again before quickly releasing the arrow and watching it fly forward. I smile lightly as I walk forward and see that it perfectly landed in the middle of the red area. I yank it out before walking back over and grabbing another arrow.

I draw it back once again, but don't release when I hear a noise behind me. I stop to listen and hear it again. I quickly turn and release the arrow toward the direction I heard the noise.

I gasp and drop my bow when I see a familiar leather jacket wearing guy standing in front of me with an arrow implanted in his shoulder.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" I run over trying to think of a way to make it better. He grimaces at the fact that a fine piece of metal is now sticking out of his skin.

"No, it's fine. I didn't even feel it."

I laugh quietly at his words before gripping the arrow and quickly yanking it out, "Yeah, sure I bet. At least you heal quickly."

He looks at the wound again before smirking up at me, "At least you're not that good of a shot."

I scoff lightly and roll my eyes, "If I wanted to hit you somewhere worse I would have, trust me."

"Why are you out here, anyways?" He asks looking behind me at the book bag full of weapons and arrows littering the grassy ground.

I turn to look to before sighing for the millionth time today.

"I don't know. I ditched out on the rest of classes to practice. It's how I stay sane."

He nods understandingly, but I notice the stare he gives my bow. I look down and realize this is probably extremely uncomfortable for him.

"Come with me." I look up as he speaks before he suddenly turns and starts walking in the opposite direction.

"What?!" I ask quickly, but he just continues to move so I walk over and put my bow away. I put the heavy bag on my shoulders and run after him. We walk silently until we reach his car and I throw the bag in the backseat.

After getting in the passenger side I turn to him, "Where exactly are we going?" He doesn't answer as he starts to drive. I sigh annoyed and turn back to face the windshield.

The drive isn't long and soon we are pulling up to a familiar building. As I see the sign I turn and give him a light glare, "Seriously? We're going this again?"

Again he remains silent and climbs out of the car, but this time he stands and waits for me to get out. I follow him and we both walk into the building, me much more grudgingly than him.

We pass the nurses station and walk down the same hallways as we did not that long again. We enter the room belonging to Peter Hale and he sits in the same wheel chair as before.

Derek looks at his uncle and I wait for him to speak.

It takes a few seconds and a few unsure looks thrown my way before he finally does, "I need your help. If you can hear me, I need you to give me a sign. Blink. Raise a finger. Anything. Just-just something to point me in the right direction, okay? Someone killed Laura. Your niece. Laura? Whoever he is, he's an Alpha now. But he's one without a pack. Which means he's not as strong. I can take him. But I have to find him first. Look, if you know something, just give me a sign. Is it one of us? Someone else make it out of the fire? Just give me anything. Blink. Raise a finger. Anything,"

I stare a Derek and I see that sadness that he constantly tries to hide from everybody around him. I walk forward and hesitantly lay my hand against his T shirt clad back.

Thankfully he doesn't move away, but when Peter doesn't show any sign of hearing us his sadness morphs into anger and annoyance.

"Say something!"

I turn when an unfamiliar voice comes from behind us, "Let him go. You think after six years of this, yelling at him is going to get a response?"

I glare lightly at her interruption. Even though yelling at Peter probably wasn't the best way to solve this, she doesn't know how he must feel.

Derek doesn't turn to look at her, "Got a better method?"

"Patience. He'll respond if you give him the time." She sighs.

My glare gets a little more intense at her words, "We don't have time."