Chapter 2

Damon's P.O.V

With the increase in attacks on my pack, I decided to move them further south to a safer location. We now rested on the border of Oklahoma and Texas. We were all well aware of the 3 packs that lived in the area, and tried to stay away. Until my second in command, Nikolas came to me with word from one of the packs inviting us to a gathering the Alpha Evans is hosting.

"I don't know Nik. We just got here and we don't know if we can trust them." I pushed my hand through my hair.

"You may think that, but if a few of us go and check it out then there shouldn't be any harm. For all we know they might be able to offer us protection and help us with the threat." Nik argued closing the door to my study.

I sighed deeply, and closed my eyes. We would need all the help that we could get. Our numbers have greatly decreased and we wouldn't be able to hold our own if we were attack again.

"Plus, if you don't mind me saying boss, you need to look for a mate. You are 23 and in need of your Luna by your side in times like this." Nik reminded me.

I laughed lightly. "I know Nik. But I am not the only one in need of mate. You do as well."

Nik nodded. "I know. And my wolf has already started going crazy. My mate is near. I just have to find her." He paused. "Has Ethan popped up?"

I shook my head. "Not really. He sulks. I know I need to find my mate soon, but he hasn't even so much as whispered the word." I scrubbed my hands down my face.

"Fine. Send word to this, Evans, that will be there. When is the gathering?"

Nik looked sheepish. "Tonight."

"What?! And you wait until now to tell me?" I growled at him

He shrugged. "I figured you would say yes thinking that this is in the best interest of your pack.

I let out a long breath. Then stood and made my way towards the door punching Nik in the arm as I went. He's not only my beta but also my best friend.

"Hey!" He yelped.

I made my way upstairs and was stopped a very scantily dressed blond.

"Hey D, missed you, babe. Wanna have some fun? It's been awhile." Victoria purred pressing her body up to mine and rubbing her hands down my sides.

I lifted her hands off of my and gently pushed her back. I was kind of repulsed by her. "Not now Vic. I am fixing to leave."

She laughed and moved towards me again. "Oh come on D. I know you have missed these." She grabbed her breasts and squeezed.

I laughed shaking my head. "Not really."

I then moved past her to my room as she leaned against the wall. I closed the door to my room before I could hear her say anything else. I showered and dressed quickly pulling on jeans and a black button down shirt. I didn't bother put gel in my hair because no matter what, it did its own thing.

After I was ready I headed down stairs and met Nik and Drake near the truck. Drake raised an eyebrow at me.

"What?!" I snapped.

He shook his head and climbed in the back seat. Nik got behind the wheel and I settled beside him. The drive to the Alphas house took only 30 minutes. I didn't realize they lived that close.

When we pulled up to the place we were immediately met by a few guys from the pack we were visiting. They greeted us warmly and showed us around back. Ethan sat up and took notice when we pulled in the drive. But when we walked around the house he started pacing. Something was going to happen tonight.