Chapter 13

Damon's P.O.V

I saw red. This woman here is claiming to be my mate but wants to leave to be with another man? I slammed Todd up against the wall by his throat, my hand slowly tightening to choke off his air way.

"Damon! Stop! Put him down!" Emily yelled at me.

Todd's eyes began to turn black showing he was fixing to shift.

I look over at Emily. "Why should I?"

"Because he did nothing to you. I don't even see why you are the one who is upset. You won't claim me. You pick another woman as your mate and Luna. So let us go." Her voice broke.

I drop my hold around his neck and turn to Emily, her eyes misting over. "This mutt can leave and go back, but you are staying here. You will not set foot off this territory or I will hunt you down myself and drag you back here." I turn on my heel and storm out of my office.

Who the hell does she think she is? And why in the hell do I care? I start to feel a slight head ache come on so I head to my bathroom and grab a few relief pills. I then change into my shorts and a cut off and head down to the gym. I need to work out my frustration, maybe more ways than one.

***

Emily's P.O.V

After Damon had stormed out of his office I helped Todd up, who in turn shook me off and left himself to go for a run. I knew he wasn't mad at me persay, but if he stayed around any longer he might just hurt me not meaning to. So I left to take care of crystal. Since it was getting dark I bathed her and got her into bed. I was now laying in my own bed going over todays events.

I really didn't want to mate with Todd. I still want Damon, and I felt that showing him another man wanted me would help trigger something. But all it triggered was his anger and almost coast Todd his life. I could not keep doing this. I will fight for something that I want, but what if the person you want doesn't want you in return?

I was just beginning to drift off when a warm sensation began in the lower part of my stomach. I groan and roll over trying to ignore it. The warm sensation built higher until it felt like my stomach was trying to rip itself apart. I set up abruptly in bed and screamed as the white burning heat pulsed through my body. What was happening?

My door slams open and in seconds Todd is by my side asking me what's wrong but all I can do is scream in between sobs while clutching my stomach. Nikolas and Sage were next to come to my room and every time they tried to touch me heat would blast through my skin.

"Don't touch her. I don't know whats going on, but your touch is making it worse for her." Todd grits out.

Nikloas's eyes glaze over for a second, then he looks to Sage. "I linked Damon, he should..."

My door slams open for the third time that night, and by this time the pain has simmered down. I slump against Sage covered in sweat.

"What's going on?" Damon's voice thunders across the room. "What's wrong with her?"

I look up to him and see a small shadow of... Victoria! I groan when relazation hits me.

"He was having sex." I sob into Sages arms as my heart shatters completely with the thought that my mate was mating with someone who wasn't me while I was in pain from it.

Todd shot to his feet. "Were you?"

Damon sneered. "It's none of your business pup what I do in my personal time."

Todd held his ground. "No, but she's my business. I am here to protect her, and with her being your mate whenever you fuck another woman the bond you two have puts her into mind shattering pain. The only way for it to be soothed is by your mate's touch. When it happens you feel like your body is being ripped apart. Your wolf can suffer a lot more from it and she may not be able to shift for a day or two." Todd shakes his head.

"How do you know this?" Nik asks.

Todd stiffens. "My mate cheated on me a few weeks before she passed. I went through what she is going through." He points to me. "Sad thing is you don't give a shit about her. Even before you lost your memories you didn't care. Hell you broke her fucking arm when she refused to stop training. You are a worthless excuse for a man, wolf, and mate. And I am getting her and crystal out of here, tonight." Todd turns to me and I know that look. He'll take me rather I want to go or not. Truth be told I want to go, I can't be here while he chooses to cheat on me. So I just nod at him and stand.

I walk to Damon and look him in the eyes. "Truth. Were you sleeping with her?"

He looks down at me. After a second he nods.

A tear rolls down my cheek and I see him battle to reach out to me.

"Very well. Looks like you have made your choice, Alpha. I, Emily Evans, Reject You, Damon Thorn, As My Mate." As the last words leave my lips I feel a snapping sensation in my chest and it hurts like hell.

Todd catches me before I hit the floor. Right before darkness over takes me I see tears in Damon's eyes as he clutches his chest.

Hey guys, Sorry this is another short chapter but its just to set the scenes for whats coming.