Chapter 6

^^^Emily's parents^^^

Emily P.O.V

As we enter the house, you could cut the tension with a knife. Anyone we ran into would cast their head down and avoid us. They must feel it to, that or heard my father's anger.

Coming up outside the doors that led to my father's office, I turn toward Damon.

"I hate saying this to you, well to an Alpha in general. But please, when we go in there, keep your mouth shut. I know how my father is and how he can get. And I don't want a fight breaking out in between you two. Okay?" I look up into his beautiful eyes.

He just nods at me. Sighing, I push the doors open and turn toward my father's desk to the left.

"Hey daddy..." I begin but when I see the look in his eyes, I knew he must have heard some wild and crazy story. His eyes were pitch black, sure sign his wolf was fighting to come out. He was pacing behind his desk in that agitated way. My mother was standing in the corner behind his desk just watching the display going on before her. There was a worried, fervent look in her eyes.

"Daddy." I try again.

He held up a hand. "Don't Emily. When Wesley came to me and said that Alpha Thorn had attacked you, I thought that surely he was mistaken. But when I questioned Todd, and he said you had broken your arm, I was livid. Why would a man, an Alpha non the less, attack his own mate?"

"He didn't attack..."

He silenced me again "Don't you dare lie for him Emily! I can see with my own eyes that your arm is in a sling!" he yelled more toward Damon than me.

I then saw Todd leaning against the book shelf. I glared at him.

"Todd you were there. Explain to him that was not how it happened."

He gave me a sad look. "I've tried, Ems. But he won't listen."

My father stalks around his desk. "What about threating you? Don't you lie about that to. He's already hurt you."

I put myself between my father and Damon.

Damon just pushes around me while pressing a kiss to the top of my head. He then turns to face my father, squaring his shoulders.

"sir, with all due respect, this 'mutt' who is feeding you this information is lying. Yes, Emily got hurt, I didn't not nor would I ever purposely hurt her. Nor threaten her. She means to much to me to see her in pain like this."

My father calms a bit. "Then how did she get hurt?"

"I picked a fight with Damon because I got my feelings hurt. He was expressing his worry for my safety while training, and I took it like he was trying to control me. I lashed out at him but he never once raised a hand to me. Him and Todd both warned me to back off, but I didn't listen." That was a lie. Todd never once spoke out while I was trying to fight Damon. "I was acting like a child, made a wrong move, and when I flipped Damon my shoulder snapped the wrong way and dislocated. Damon, being an amazing mate, immediately took care of me and made sure I got to the med building right away." All eyes were on me, including Damon.

I glance toward my mother and she smiles a small approval at me.

"But sir it still wasn't entirely her fault. I was a bit upset not just over her safety but because I don't want her to train. She's the future Luna and my mate. I didn't see the point of her training when she will have not only myself but all my warriors protecting her. But, I saw my mistake. And as long as it continues to be something that she enjoys doing, then I won't have any problems with it." He wraps an arm around my waist pulling me close.

My father looks over at Todd. "Confirm?"

Todd nods. "May I speak freely?"

Dad nods himself.

"Well sir, when Damon first came in, I was training Ems. She missed a block and the strike landed across her lower back. When she went down he came off as some sort of a cave man. He began to forbid her to train anymore. But the fight, she started." He said pointing to me. "I warned her to back off, she refused, and well she is your daughter. She pulled a moved that I had taught her. But she shifted her weight the wrong way and when lover boy here landed, her shoulder popped right out." Todd doesn't sugar coat.

My father relaxes more, enough to contain his wolf. "What do you mean by, 'well she is your daughter'?"

For a moment I was stunned. But then we all started laughing at the fact that was all my father heard.

"Well dear, I think it is because you both lose your tempers before understanding the situation." My mother wraps an arm around my father and kisses his cheek.

Todd excuses himself, no doubt because he is uncomfortable. I feel bad for him. I was the only one who knows the true story about his mate.

"Well Damon, I owe you an apology. I shouldn't have reacted that way."

Damon shook his head. "No sir, I get it. If I was in your shoes and it was my daughter, I am sure I would have ripped her mate apart."

This wins a smile and hand shake from my father. "Just remember that, Thorn. For if you ever hurt my baby girl, I will do much worse than rip you apart."

Damon nods. "I would hope so sir. If that ever happens then I would no longer be a true mate."

I squeeze Damon, the thought of losing him crushes my heart.

As if sensing my stress, he hugs me even closer and whispers in my ear, "Don't worry my love, I am not going anywhere."