Chapter 10

Emily's P.O.V

Beep

Beep

Beep

The steady rhythm of his heart is the only indication to me that he is still with us. He hasn't moved nor spoke since he came through those doors a few days ago. When everyone recognized who he was, my father had immediately ended the party and had him rushed to the med building. He had multiple tests ran and was hooked up to several IV's, oxygen, and a heart monitor. Besides a few scratches and bruises the only problems were he was malnourished and unconscious.

I reach over, wrapping my fingers through his and was watching the heart monitor has his beats picked up a bit when the door to his hospital room creaked open.

"Well followed his scent for a good 5 miles past the border line when it vanished. It was like he was just dropped off in the woods out of no where. We didn't pick up any other scents after that." Tyler spoke behind me.

I shook my head and stood. "There has to be some type of explanation to all of this. He disappeared with out a trace, his scent just gone into thin air. And then he reappears 3 years later on the same day he was taken and again his scent just vanishes into thin air. It's not possible. Tomorrow I want you and every available body with me out in those woods searching near the spot where you say his scent ended."

Todd stepped forward placing a hand on my shoulder. "You will need to rest Emily. We don't know when he's going to wake up and you need to be here for him when he does. We will take care of the search and report back to you on any updates."

I wanted to argue with him, Damon was my mate after all. But I understood a deep plus I didn't want to leave his side for one minute. I've been away from him for far to long. I nod at Todd and once again took my place by Damon's bed. Once everyone had left it lay my head down on his hand that I was holding.

"You don't know how long I have waited for this. How much pain I have been in." I lift my head to look down at his sleeping form. "You mean everything to me. You are my heart and soul. I have missed you so damn much, and I have prayed every night since you were taken for you to come back to me." Tears were steadily falling down my cheeks. I thought I had done cried everything I had in me out.

"I love you Damon. I have always loved you. From the first time we met. I have kicked my self in the ass everyday for not letting you mark me that night. I would proudly wear your mark, if you would just wake up and fully come back to me."

I let my head dropped back to his hand and sob so hard that my chest aches. I was sobbing so much that I didn't hear the spike in his heart rate, or feel the twitching of his fingers. I heard a soft groan and my head shot up. He was twisting his head slowly to the side and squeezing his eyes tightly before he slowly opened them. At first he seemed to just be focusing on where he was. When I saw his eyes widen I knew he was about to panic.

"Hey hey, calm down. You're safe. No one will harm you." I speak soothingly as if to a child. I make him meet my eyes. "You're okay. You need to calm down sweetie or you'll give yourself a heart attack." I brush his hair from his eyes. It's grown over the years.

I got him to calm down a bit by taking deep breaths. As soon as his heart rate was normal mine dropped with the words he spoke.

"Who are you?"

***

Damon's P.O.V

I watch the woman in front of me as she strokes my hair and uses a calming voice to get me to calm down. I don't know where I am or why I am freaking out but I have to get my heart under control. Right now it feels like it's going to beat out of my chest.

I can't take my eyes off the woman. Not only because I don't trust her yet, but because she's breath taking. I try to reach my wolf but it's like he's dormant. I feel him, I know he's there but he's not reachable. So I turn to the woman.

"Who are you?" my voice sounds like gravel.

My question causes tears to form in her eyes and her to back away. I grip her hand not wanting her to go. Her presence is my comfort and I need that.

"Let me call the doctor to check you over, okay hun?" Her voice waivers.

I grip her hand again. "Don't leave yet. Please tell me who you are."

She chokes back a small sob, and I can tell this is hurting her. I don't want to hurt her. So I yank on her arm, gently and cause her to fall next to me. I place a hand on her cheek and look deep into her misty eyes. "Please. I don't remember anything."

"My names Emily Evans. We're ma... friends. But before I tell you anymore let me get the doctor. If you really can't remember anything then I don't want to put your brain on over load and cause you pain." She whispers.

"Just come back to me when you fetch the doctor."

She nods and hurries out of the room. With in a few minutes a doctor and two nurses walk into my room and start checking over my chart and vitals. I almost panic again when I don't see her. I sit up quickly and scan the room and find her leaning against the far wall, her head in her hands and another male talking quietly to her.

A low growl starts rumbling in my chest until he steps out of the room. The doctor then raises the head of my bed and starts checking my pupils and asking questions.

"Mr. Thorn, what's the last thing you remember before waking up here?"

I think for a moment, but never take my eyes off the woman. She's bitting her lip and wringing her hands together. "My beta, Nik, and I had just announced that we were moving our pack to a new territory in Texas, and I had just had dinner with Victoria."

Once the words were out of my mouth, Emily sagged and bolted out of the room.

I jumped out of the bed, ripping everything off and out of my body and ignored the doctors protests as I ran out the door. I didn't have to go far down the hall when I saw her sitting against the wall and sobbing into another woman's shirt.

I don't know her, I don't know what I had done. But I do know that I meant something deeply to her and I had hurt her in some way.