Chapter 8

Emily's P.O.V

After tucking little Crystal into bed and singing her a lullaby, I sneak out her door and down the hall to my room. I begin to pull my clothes off at the door planning to grab a quick shower when a grunt from somewhere in the room startles me. With my shirt on the floor and my hands on the button to my jeans I swing around towards my bed and spot a very shocked, very flushed, very wide eyed Drake sitting at the end of my bed.

"What? Oh please don't stop on my account. I was quite enjoying the show." He smirks.

My eyes narrow at him as I reach for my robe and wrap it around me. "What the hell are you doing in my bedroom?"

He stands and slowly walks over to me. "Correction, my brothers' bedroom. Well at least it was when he was still alive."

"Another correction, he IS alive. Now answer me before I call someone to have you thrown in a cell. What. The. Fuck. Are. You. Doing?"

"Well, Luna." He clasps his hands behind his back. "I did come up here to speak, privately, with you."

I roll my eyes. "Well, Drake I am standing right here."

"I can see that." He clears his throat. "What I came here because I wanted to apologize to you. You were right, I was acting like a child. And disrespecting you the way I did was uncalled for." He looks down at his feet. "Damon wouldn't appreciate the way I have been treating you. To be honest I don't know why I did. I like you Emily. You lead this pack fearlessly, youre smart, strong, and adopting Crystal when you struggle with losing damon is remarkable. But you make an amazing momma. Not to sound creepy, but ive stood back and watched you when you didn't think anyone was around. With everything you have done for this pack, for that little girl, Damon would be proud of you. I think the moon goddess did an awesome job on picking out my brothers mate."

This brought tears to my eyes and I fought to keep them back.

"I know you try hard to hide your feelings when you aren't alone. Todd thinks its because you don't want to appear weak. But you have friends, family here to lean on when you need a moment. Don't be afraid to ask." With that he walks out of my room leaving me staring at the spot where he stood.

Once I heard the door click shut I fell to my knees with my hand over my mouth and sobbed. I don't know what just happened with Drake, but I knew he was coming around. His words about Damon being proud of me pricked at my heart.

The door opened again. I heard Todd cursing and soon his arms were wrapped around my shoulders pulling me into him.

"What did that prick do now?" Todd hissed.

I hiccupped from my sob. "Nothing. That's the thing. He actually came to apologize. And he told me he thinks that if Damon knew how I was doing and what I was doing for his pack he would be proud of me." I push away from him and make my way to the bathroom. "Everyone keeps thinking Damon is dead. But I know he's not. But I don't know if he would ever return." I look at him. "Not knowing is the hardest thing. I am supposed to choose a mate before the next full moon. If I don't I lose my title. If I do, when he marks and if Damon does show back up, we will never be able to be together."

Leaving those words hanging in the air, I turn and make my way into the bathroom closing and locking the door. I strip and step in the shower letting the hot water wash all thoughts temporally down the drain. After washing up I step out and begin to dry my hair. I run the straightener through it, apply my makeup and wrap up in my robe.

When I step into my room is see Todd sitting on my bed looking down to his hands resting in his lap. A sad and forlorn look in his eyes. I felt bad for him since he had lost his mate. She was killed in a rogue attack a year before I had met Damon. But todd hadn't told anyone that except me. He didn't want my father to take his duties as a trainer and warrior away thinking he would become unstable. He asked me to take care of him myself if that day ever came and to keep the death of his mate a secret. I had agreed, and with this information between us we became fast friends and I refused to train with anyone else but him thinking that I was giving him something to help keep his mind off of her. An idea pops in my head and it almost seems perfect.

"Hey Todd?" I call out.

He lifts his head and for a moment his eyes shift to black the back to normal. I know it's because I am in nothing but a robe. "Yeah?" He clears his throat.

"I need your help with something. If you don't want to then I will understand. But you are the only one I can turn to on this." I twist my hands in front of me, nervously.

"What up Ems?"

I sigh and sit next to him. "Tonight they are expecting me to either announce my chosen mate or at least a few in which I am considering, but I have to have a definitely have to have a answer and be ready to be marked by the next full moon which is in three days." Goddess I am rambling. "Anyways what I am trying to ask is if you would help me out? I am not ready to be mated in the "love" sense. And I know you are the same, you've told me several times. But if we can be mated then I can keep my title here you'll be Alpha. I won't even be mad if you do find someone to love. Oh geeze this is coming out a wrong." I berry my face in my hands.

Todd chuckles and places a hand on my shoulder. "Ems it's ok. I understand what you're saying. The only thing I have a problem with is I think I would never be able to love you like you should be. As a friend yes, but as a mate, a lover? I don't think I have that in me to give anymore. But if you want to do this then yes. I will be by your side all the way. The only time I will even act as Alpha is when you ask me to. That position is yours."

I look up at him and sigh in relief. "So you do you accept? You know they will expect you to mark me and for us to mate, even if it's once?"

Todd nods his head. "Yes. Though making love to you, even once, maybe hard."

I choke on a laugh. "Then when that time comes, don't make love to me. I'm a virgin anyways, it's not like I'll know the difference."

Todd barks out his laugh and soon we are laughing so hard my sides hurt.

"You know talking about sex with you almost amounts up to me talking about it with my sister?"

I groan. "I know the feeling. Anyway get out of my room I need to dress. If you're sure about this I will announce it tonight when they ask me."

He nods and stands to leave. With his hand on the door he looks at me. "You deserve more, Emily." He then left closing the door behind him.

Sighing I stand and walk to my closet, well Damon's, but I took it over like I have everything else. I just needed to be close to his scent, to something that is his.

I pull out a black halter top dress that's stops about mid-thigh and has a small slit between the breasts and my black heels that has a few straps running across the front and zips up the back. I slip into black laced panties then silicon cups that will help my nipple not be visible through the dress. I work the dress into place before slipping my feet into the heels that the boys always call my "come fuck me shoes". I live with a bunch of pervs.

Before I head out the door I complete my look with the diamond silhouette wolf necklace and black wolf fangs earrings that Damon gave me two days before he disappeared. I take a deep breath then make my way down to the car with my clutch containing my cell, cash, and other items. I had weird butterfly feelings in my gut and I couldn't help but think that tonight was going to be one hell of a night.