Judgement

Suggested to me by: @accio_mac-and-cheese
NOTE: THIS CHAPTER IS NOT MEANT TO BE OFFENSIVE, THEREFORE IT SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN THAT WAY! THE EXAMPLES ARE JUST THAT-EXAMPLES. NOTHING MORE, JUST USED TO MAKE A SIMPLE POINT!

So, you know how girls are sometimes judged by what they like? For example:
Girl that likes Twilight and One Direction: Considered totally normal, not nerdy, and is practically loved by everyone.
Girl that likes Harry Potter and Fall Out Boy: Considered nerdy, weird, and totally out-of-the-loop.

Uh...

What the actual heck?

Is it really fair to categorize girls by what they like? It seriously seems like the girls who like designer clothes and boy bands get loved and adored by everyone, and the girls who rock fandom gear and jam to Panic! At the Disco are avoided and completely singled out.

Why does there have to be such a difference between these girls? And either way, what you like doesn't mean you're an introverted freak who sits in the corner of their room and thinks depressing thoughts. It doesn't mean you're a person who doesn't have a sense of humor and doesn't like human companionship.

I don't think it's even REMOTELY fair that girls get judged and categorized by what they like! What if the girl who loves Fall Out Boy is actually really funny, sarcastic, and supportive? What if the girl who likes designer clothes is just trying to fit in? What if it's all an act?

I think, as humans, we have lost the ability to see behind the curtain that some people put up. We really need to stop walking away as soon as we hit a barrier with people. We're all humans. Sure, there are lots of differences between each and every one of us, but isn't that the point?

We need to be fairer to each other. We were made different! So what? That's how it was supposed to be!

There are girls out there who will COMPLETELY turn on you just to stay in league with the other terrible people who happen to be the most popular. There are girls out there who will always have your back, lend an ear when you're having a tough time, and practically be your pillar when you're caving in.

There are girls out there who are falling apart.
There are girls out there who are putting themselves back together.
There are girls out there who are struggling to keep themselves together.
There are girls out there who are ready to support you.
There are girls out there who are already supporting a million people.

Some girls cry themselves to sleep.
Some girls fantasize until they fall asleep.
Some girls are up late texting the boy they like.
Some girls are troubled at night by their own nightmares.

We're all different. We all have our own interests.

That does NOT mean we should be ranked on which one is the best.

So WHAT if we wear designer clothes?
So WHAT if we prefer fandom gear?
So WHAT if we like to read?
So WHAT if we have walls covered in posters?

No one deserves to be pushed to the bottom of the popular pyramid just because they do ONE THING differently.