I Need a Hero

Chapter 11: "I Need a Hero (Or More Preferably "I Want to Get Out Alive WITHOUT Running or My Life")"

You open your eyes a bit, blinded by the noon sun. Or so you though. Voices around you seemed to scream in terror, shock, and utter surprise. "SHE'S ALIVE," one person shouted, causing a stampede of footsteps in your direction. The bright light shuts off, leaving you in the darkness of night once more.

Red lights shone all around, bright enough for you to look around but not too bright for your dizzy mind. You struggle to sit up, the back of your head seeming to shriek in protest.

"You're fine," said a soothing voice, a strong hand supporting your back. You clutch the back of your head, letting out a quiet wince of regret from a sudden blaze in pain. Pulling your hand away, you stare through slitted eyes at the red liquid covering your palm.

In a quick flip, a few brighter lights turn on, and a strong grip helpsyou to your feet. "Can you tell me your name, miss?" says a voice through the brightness.

You think for asecond, searching through the depths of your mind before you finally say, "(Y/n). (Y/n) (L/n)."

"And can you tell me where you are (y/n)?"

"Uh.... by a tree?" A few people laugh, and you look up into the trees to avoid the bright light.

You see that bastard Hoodie looking down at you, shaking his head slowly with a gloved finger to his lips. Deep down you knew if you made any notion that he was up there, everyone with you was going to die. Damn it all.

Looking down at the ground, you let out a shaky breath. Hoodie just had to have a plan. He already let you go three times, letting you go now would be number four. And he specifically said he would kill you next time he saw you. A psycho wasn't really the kind of person to say something they don't mean. The strange people surrounding you explained they were here to help, and that they were a rescue team your parents hired.

You keep your eyes trained on the ground, muttering hollowed responses to the questions the rescue team was asking you. Nearby headlights were lighting the path, filling you with a sick sense of hope to get out alive.

Right before you and the rescue team reached the edge of the forest, a large dog limped between you and the van. It's coat was black and red, appearing like a beaten husky as he staggered around. You narrow your eyes at the creature, watching as a multitude of the rescue team rush to help the creature.

One stayed with you, saying in a comforting tone, "It's okay, we still got you. We've nearly got you home." For a brief second your heart filled with hope. Maybe Hoodie really was letting you go! But that brief flash of hope scurried away when a twig behind you snapped, followed by a dark chuckle. God damn it....

The rscue member turns to look behind him, but you keep your eyes ahead. "Stay here, kid," the rescue team member said,walking a few yards away. You hold your breath, watching in silence as Hoodie steps out from behind a tree. "Scream," he whispers, pacing towarss you until the point of his knife touched your forhead, "and you both die."

(((((AAAAAAGH SORRY FOR TAKING FOREBER! BUT I DID WHAT-DOG.NET TO MYSELF AND TO MARKIPLIER, IT SAID MARK WAS A BLACK LABRADOR, AND I WAS A POODLE, SO DOES ANYONE WANT POSSIBLE LABRADOODLE PUPPIES??? XD LOL JK ANYWAYS LOVE YOU READERS, STAY STRANGE!!!)))))