It's the End of the Night

Chapter 17: "It's the End of the Night (As We Know It)"

Plan? Earshot? What? What's going on?

Trust me you didn't wait to find out.

If you waited around you'd probably be dead within the next few seconds. So for like the sixth time that night, you ran.

You were really hurting, anyone could tell. But hey, you could see lights ahead. Your heart filled with hope. Maybe another person. Who knew?

With a smile in your face, you burst ahead full speed towards the light. Only to be greeted by the door to the log factory. Masky was standing outside, a wicked grin on his mask. "Well well well, if it isn't the one who got away."

You squinted your eyes to see past the light inside, seeing the blood soaked clothing Masky wore. Your hope immediately crashed. It was silent inside the log factory. Deathly silent.

Masky took a step towards you. You wanted to flee, but you were stiff with fear. Sickening sweet fear, coarsing through your veins. He took another step. Then another. And another. He relayed his steeping until he came face to face with you. He still held on to Toby's axe, the unblinking eyes of his mask staring you down. You knew deep down this would be the end.

He raised the axe and drew his arms back, chuckling softly before swinging the axe full speed. Everything turned into slow motion. As the ace neared your head, you heard the angry voices of both Hoodie and Richard behind you, shouting at Masky not to do it.

Not to kill you.

(((((Sorry this was so short, but I needed to stop here to make the ending all the more dramatic! Next chapter is the end of the book, but there will be a book two! :) I hope you've enjoyed the book so far, and all the craziness that's become of it. Just you wait, the ending of book one will get your jaw to drop!)))))