Jars of Hearts

Chapter 14: "Jars of Hearts"

For crying out loud, you had to get out! If Hoodie saw you, your a$$ was dead, dollar signs and all. You watch the grown man walk back into the room, chuckling as he said, "We have guests over, Brian." He looked down at his hands, finishing the task of putting his gloves on. Was he the butler?

You wait until the right moment, when the man's back is to you, to bolt off the couch and just run. Again with the running! The dang running is gonna kill you if Hoodie didn't. Seeing an open door ahead of you, you dash inside and hide behind the door as Hoodie and the man turn in that direction. The man narrows his eyes a bit, studying the door before giving off a shrug. "Anyways Brian, I'm making tea if you want some of it," the man explained.

Hoodie cleared his throat, saying, "Look, Richard, we need to talk about my run tonight." "Oh?" he responded, raising an eyebrow.

"One of them got away, and I'm quite sure it's that 'guest' you mentioned earlier."

Richerd turned to look at your place you were not twenty seconds ago, seeming shocked you weren't there. "She was right here," he said, jaw agape in surprise.

Hoodie snarled for a moment, prying Sally off of his legs as he said, "Well we know she didn't leave the mansion. We must search for her."

"One of the others will find her soon enough, Brian. Then they will finish the job you were unable to complete," Richard growled. Nope, definately not the butler.

Hoodie flinched a bit, looking down at the ground and mumbling an apology. You watch, smiling a bit at how Hoodie looked like a punished child. You bite your tongue to keep from laughing, quietly closing the door and turning around. The walls floor and ceiling were an endless black.

You were greeted with a horrific sight. Jars upon jars upon even more jars, each with a human heart inside. Some hearts were glowing and thriving, others were wilted, dark, and shriveled. You stated at them, horror and amazement filling your lungs. What was this? What were these things? Taking a few curious steps forward, you notice three things about the jars.

Some of the jars with glowing hearts were cracked, on the verge of breaking. And each glowing heart had a beautiful mist surrounding it. But even though the cracked jars or the weird mist didn't bother you all too much, the labels did. Names. Each jar had a sticker label on it with a name written in dark red ink.

Inching forward until you could read the names, you began to read the ones on the bottom shelf. First you read the glowing ones: Jordan Michaels, Jessica Williams. Jordan and Jessica... weren't those the names Masky was calling those two girls? Shaking your head, you read the dark, unlit ones.

Santos Ortega, Latoya Douglas, Jake Bryant, Rosemarie Park, Erikk Hubbard, Eduardo Bass, Daniella Gibson, Ronald Gonzalez, Naomi Graves, and Gladys Gonzalez. But the three let, the ones you didn't want to believe, hit you in the gut. Sophie Coswell. Robbert Hellings. And... Abby Willows.

Before you could react the door flies open, and Richard is standing in the doorway.

(((((Brian Thomas is Hoodie's full human name, dear geez you have no idea how many Wikis I have been on to prove this. And jars come into play because it fits my idea from an old book of mine that got deleted. In my Bloody Painter x Reader book, the deleted book, one of the characters says, "If you die on Slender Mansion territory, your spirit can never leave. It's why this place is so haunted, so many mortals have died here." This fits with the idea of Slenderman keeping the souls in the jars. Holy Jesus, just think! MASKY AND (Y/N) IN THE MASKY X READER NAMED THEIR CHILD MIST!!!!! CONSPIRACIES!!!!!)))))