Decisions

(((((So yeah, even though book one is done, I thought it would be cool to give a sneak peek at a new book series that I'm going WAY deep into, may not even post it as a book until the end of next school year. Anyways, here is a cut from about halfway through the book plans.)))))

"Steven, you son of a bitch," Crystal 1 growled, crossing her arms in frustration. I looked between her and the girl on her left. Her identical. Crystal 2. There was no physical way to tell them appart. One of them was Crystal, the other was something else. An Aphidis, a shape-shifter.

My species by birth.

I gritted my teeth, shifting my gaze between them. One of these two was the friend I've grown to care for after all my hardships here on Earth, and the other was a monstee from a far-away planet who's only here to take me to intergalactic jail after hours of senseless torturing.

One a trap, one a sweet salvation.

The second Crystal stared at me along with the first, both of them smothering me under their annoyed glares. "I'M THE REAL CRYSTAL," the both of them shouted in unison. I gulp, nodding slowly.

"Okay, but-" I started

One of the two stepped towards me, growling, "How the hell do we even know YOU'RE the real STEVEN here? For all either of us know, you're not the real Steven!"

"Back off," I snarled, feeling myself lose control of my shifting for a few short seconds. I rested a hand on my holster, hissing at them both. My eyes daeted from one Crystal to the other. Both of them got wide-eyed, backing away. They knew I wasn't afraid of killing them.

They both looked at me with pleading eyes, seeming to internally beg for me to believe that they were the real Crystal.

I've killed a lot of people in my past, but that was my past. I don't kill anymore. But neither of them know that. As far as they are concerned, whether Crystal or the creature of my birth species, I am still a heartless monster. I hoped to keep it that way.

"Okay," I mumbled slowly, "There is only one way to settle this. I feel bad, Real Crystal, for putting you through this, but I'll be asking the both of you a list of questions only the true Crystal would know."

"That's insane-"

"Any interruptions while I talk will be counted against you, making you more likely to be the one shot and killed without any form of hesitstion." They both nod in understanding.

I nod in acknowledgement,whispering under my breath, "To start off easy, what Planet is Crystal from?"

"Thera," the one on the left replied.

The right one continued, "Crystal Wixing is from the Vulparis region on planet There, directly South of the River Thayne in the village of Hollowthorne." Left Crystal gaped over at the Right, her eyes a mix of anger, shock, and annoyance. Right smirked at Left, grinning in triumph.

I took a breath and nodded, continuing on asking them questions. Left gave the basic response, while Right went in-depth and personal.

The process went on for a good twenty minutes until I felt as though the last few questions were ready. Right was glaring at Left in a sickening victory, her eyes narrowed to tell Left 'haha, I've won.' "Now then, last question," I murmured. "What happened to Crystal when she had just started training here on Earth?"

Left and Right both fell into an eerie silence, looking down at their feet with horror and regret in their eyes. After a few minutes of silence, the two realived I would wait as long as necessary for an answer. Right sighed, muttering, "A human took advantage of Crystal, hurt her really bad, and threatened to kill her if she told anyone."

With an exasperated groan, I took a breath and pulled my gun from its holster. I walked up to Left, resting the barrel directly between her eyes. As soon as the cold barrel brushed against her skin, she collapsed to the ground in a shaking ball of tears, screaming, "Steven wait, please!"

"You have one minute to convince me that you could in fact be the real Crystal, or else you'll be a heaping pile of flesh riddled with dozens of bullet wounds most of them post-mortem!" I shouted.

The girl in the ground nodded, ranting in a shrill, terror-filled voice as she whined, "Your name is Steven Chasm Majick, you were born on planet Slinera but were raised by a willing family on Thera, your adopted father a priest of Hollowthorne. You went insane when the urge to ret ur n to your own species scared you into senseless actions."

"Anyone would know that-"

"And when you ran away from Thera and came to Earth, you got into trouble from the government here. You were an alien to them. So you fled, but they chased. They scared you into hurting them too. Nine years of hiding on planet Earth, you meet me, who introduces you to Leroy, son of the government group leader. I worked at McDonalds at the time. You got a crush on Leroy that no matter how much of a big bad monster you are you can never get the guts to admit it to him." She's gone over a minute, but this is starting to get interesting.

"And now, a year later, whenever you come into McDonald's," she whispered, sobbing between words, "you'll climb over the counter and walk around the kitchen, and the people there know you well enough to just hand you food. You come back to the counter, politely kiss me goodbye on the cheek, and then leave with the food in hand, free arm over Leroy's shoulder...." Left curls up in a ball, shaking violently. "But I guess one of the Aphidis would know that, huh?!? They know verything about Crystal, about her life, why would this be any different?!?"

I looked over at Right, who shrugged slowly and muttered, "Don't look at me, I'm as confused as you are!" Suddenly, an idea hit my mind. With a quick movement, I turned the gun on myself. "I'm done with games," I say coldly, causing Left to look up at me curiously, "The two of you agree on one person as the real Crystal, or I am blowing a hole through my brain!"

Right and Left stared at me in horror, but neither made a move to stop me. I waited ten seconds before I snarled, "Fine, you two argue with yourselves," and pulled the trigger. Left screamed in agony, curling up on the floor, forehead against the ground and hands over her ears. I watched her momentarily before turning the gun on Right and pulling the trigger again, the gun actually firing this time. Right's brain exploded into pieces, inky black Aphidis blood splattering all around. Staring down at Left, I smiled a bit, knealing down next to her.

"Crystal," I whispered, laying a hand on her back and rubbing her in a comforting way, "Crystal, look at me."

She turned her watering eyes on me, bringing a new waterfall of tears as she cried, "Now you're as Steven you sick bastard."

I smiled softly patting her head as I mumbled, "Look at the blood, Crystal." She shook her head violently. "Crystal. Look at the blood, now," I ordered. Crystal slowly raised her head to look at the Aphidian corpse disguised as her, closing her eyes at the sight of the inky black blood.

"My Aphidian blood isn't black, and you know it. It's forest green, my veins are a neon aqua," I said softly, holding out an arm for her to see my aqua veins. "I'm not full Aphidis, Crystal. Only half. I'm also half Glorgax and the only forms I can turn into are my Aphidis form and this human form because of it." She stared at my arm, wiping the tears from her eyes before punching me in the chest.

"I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD YOU SON OF A BITCH," she shouted, punching me again before falling forward agains me, whispering, "I thought I lost you."

Footsteps thundered down the concrete hallway, Leroy's voice echoing, "I heard a gunshot, is everyone okay?!?" He rounded the corner, looking down at Crystal and I on the ground. He saw the Aphidian corpse, and just nodded in understanding.

He went through this same thing with his monther, but he ended up letting the wrong one survive.

(((((TEM PEY FIR COLLIG :3)))))
(((((All due seriousness, I love you all! I'll be working on some YouTube stuff for a week or two, but then I'll come back to my family here on Wattpad! Love you all, have a safe but fun summer break!)))))