eighteen

adyel

jacks eyes went wide with concern. "what? when? how? why? the fuck!" he whispered.

"conference room in five," Cameron said coming into my office.

I huffed and went to the room with the round table. usually I would sit by Ethan but I felt awkward and took a seat by Grayson.

"hey, adyel." Grayson said as Cameron was passing files out.

"hey," I smiled.

I looked over at Ethan and he waved. I ignored him and he gave me a weird look.

"there's been an outbreak of some chemical in a park in Virginia Beach. twenty seven people were admitted to a hospital last night and all of them were coughing up blood and had sores on their body. all twenty seven were at the same park." Nate announced going through the crime scene pictures.

"we're any reported dead?" I asked.

"four died last night and eight this morning." Nate answered.

"that's roughly twelve people that have died from the chemical. and I'm guessing the rest are in critical condition?" I said looking at the crime scene photos.

"you are correct agent, chapman." Cameron said.

"what kind of chemical could be this power to spread so fast and easily, not show signs until later and where do they get it from?" Grayson said.

"well there's many chemicals that it could be, a chemical that strong would be very hard to get unless you worked somewhere where you had access to it." Aaron explained.

"could he be a scientist?" jack asked.

"there's a very high possibility." Aaron nodded.

"okay, wheels up in thirty." Cameron said gathering his stuff.

*SKIP THE PLANE RIDE*

we all walked into the local police department and met with the lead detective.

"ah, agent Dallas. so nice to see you." the detective shook Cameron's hand.

"I'm detective James Ward." he flashed a smile.

not gonna lie he was hot.
(rlly adyel u supposed to go for Ethan)

"detective these are SSA'S Chapman, Garner, Ethan dolan, Grayson dolan, and Carpenter." he introduced us.

"it's doctor carpenter." Ethan spoke up.

"right sorry." Cameron said.

"our technical analyst is Jack Dail back in Qunatico, Virginia." Cameron said.

"have any of the bodies been identified?" I asked.

"yes they are at the coroners if you want to take a look." the detective said.

"thanks, let's go." I said poking Grayson.

Ethan looked at me weirdly again. usually Ethan and I go everywhere and figure everything out together but I just couldn't face him knowing what happened last night.

"why aren't you asking Ethan to do all of these things with you?" Grayson said looking at files in the passenger seat.

"no reason, something new I guess." I lied.

we got to the office and went to see the bodies.

"hi I'm agent adyel chapman with the FBI, may I see the bodies of the chemical outbreak?" I asked showing her Grayson and I's credentials.

"when I was looking at the bodies I found nothing out of the ordinary really, just some bruised lungs due to coughing so much." the coroner said.

"all the autopsy's were the same?" Grayson asked.

"yeah, most of them. except Audrey Daniels. she had more blood in the lungs than any of the others, which makes me believe she inhaled more of the chemical." she explained.

"may I have a copy of the autopsy reports?" I asked.

"sure, be right back." she smiled.

she gave me a copy of the reports & I scanned over them.

"I think I know what chemical this is and only certain people can get it." I said getting my phone out.

"what chemical?" the coroner and Grayson asked.

"it's anthrax." I said dialing Cameron.

"Cameron, the chemical is anthrax." I was actually worried.

"oh my god. get back here as soon as you can." he said.

"one ounce of anthrax can kill five million people if spread right." Graysons mouth was ajar.

"we have to get back to the PD." I told Grayson.

my phone started ringing.

"hello?"

"adyel, I need to tell you something. Haley takes Gavin to that park almost everyday for a walk. I'm not allowed to warn her because it's against policy." he sounded worried.

"Matthew will flip his shit if he finds out about it." he croaked out.

"I don't give a damn what he thinks, if you lose Haley and Gavin you have nothing. call her now." I hung up.

I got back to he the police department.

"the chemical is anthrax, only certain people will have that chemical. so it shouldn't be hard to narrow down." I announced.

"it could have been stolen." Ethan shot back.

I rolled my eyes and called Jack.

"my ears are yours, friends." he answered.

"hey, techno geek, I need you to see if the government has reported any missing anthrax." I said.

"none reported." he quickly typed.

"okay now cross reference science labs that have anthrax in Virginia." I said.

"I'll be back with you soon my friend."

"baby doll." Ethan said.

"Ethan," I answered.

"woah what's with the Ethan? you always call me a nickname." he furrowed his eyebrows.

I walked away nervously leaving Ethan there questioning himself.

A/N

THIS SUCKED ASS