twenty nine

look at my lil baby ethan, but also look at how fleeky his eyebrows are, shit

ethan

it's been 7 months since adyel's death. people said it would get easier, does it really get easier or do we just get use to it?

going to her funeral killed me. laying the single rose on her casket. visiting her grave every week. I never knew that I had such a soft spot for a girl.

"ethan, we're ready to start." grayson said snapping me out of my thoughts.

I just got up without saying anything and went to the conference room.

"hey everyone." I said without any emotion.

they all returned the "hey's" or "hi's"

"so it's been 7 months since brooklyn beckham took the life of our own, adyel chapman." Cameron said passing out files.

"I thought the director wanted us to keep this case closed?" I pulled my eyebrows together.

"they agreed that we're allowed to keep working on it." Cameron nodded.

something wasn't right, something has been going on. Cameron's been so secretive about everything. he tried to hide it but he works with a bunch of profilers and he thinks they won't figure something's up? wrong.

"so adyel was a double agent in France?" saleh asked.

"she needed a profile and in order to get that, she slept with Brooklyn beckham. he asked her to marry him but she wasn't really in love with him." I explained. my chest felt so heavy after saying that.

"we have located one of the agents that worked with adyel on this case. we have agents on the way to the airport to get him right now." Cameron nodded.

"I want to interview him." I spoke up.

"are you sure that's a good id-" Cameron started but saleh cut him off.

"I think it's a great idea." she gave me a small smile.

i just pulled my lips together into a small smile.

***

it felt like hours until they got that damn agent here that adyel worked with.

"ethan, the agent is here. his name is Nolan Gerard Funk." saleh came into my office.

i set my files down and started walking towards the interrogation room. "oh and saleh?" I stopped her.

"yeah?" she turned around.

"thank you for convincing Cameron, to you know. let me interrogate this guy." I smiled.

"hey, no problem." she returned the smile.

I walked to the interrogation room to see grayson and aaron standing in front of the one way glass.

"why am I being interagated?" he yelled.

I opened the door to go into the room. "sit down." I glared.

he did as I said and sat down. "why am I here?" he asked. "what do you know about adyel?" I asked flipping through his file.

"why is something wrong?" his eyes darted all around. "tell me what you know, Nolan." I spat.

"okay, I worked with her in France with Brooklyn beckham, yes. now would you please tell me what the fuck is going on?" he asked "worried."

"I'm not done talking to you." I spat.

"let's see." I opened the files. "october two thousand six, you said that you have never worked with a finer agent than adyel chapman. her skill at analyzing and predicting terrorist behavior is unparalleled." I looked at him.