Chapter 21.

"JESSICA! NO YOU PROMISED!" I couldn't breathe my best friend just jumped off  a bridge. WHAT AM I DOING GO AFTER HER! I did exactly that I flew off the bridge and dived into the freezing water.

I ripped away at my lungs and pushed me under, no mercy. I couldn't breathe, I kept screaming for dear life all I could see was black but I still frantically searched for her anything I could feel I would grab and try to pull to the surface. My lungs were burning begging me to stop but I couldn't. I was terrified. I was crying and panicking and my anxiety was flying through the sky.

Then a change of scenery. I was in my basement chained against the cold hard wall. Naked.

"ELIZAH!" I winced. But couldn't move, fear was slicing my gut. He came down the stairs with so much furry in his eyes I screamed at the top of my lungs, I screamed until I had no voice left, then I saw people laughing at me Ezra, Jay, Jack, Allison, and my mom. I stated to cry and scream more and more. I was shaking uncontrollably, it felt like someone was shaking me and yelling at me from a distance. I sealed my eyes shut waiting for the blow. But it never came. All I heard was my screaming and crying and someone's voice in the background.

~~~~~~~~

"Elizah! Wake up!" Cole was shaking me. I opened my eyes and instantly felt sick. Another nightmare. I pushed him away and ran to the bathroom, I vomited into the toilet. I felt someone's hand on my back making circles. They also pull my hair back, I threw up again. I was going to thank the person who was helping me but it was him well both of the hims. Jack and my father.

"Elizah another nightmare. You woke up the whole house with your screaming. They have gotten louder. Honey you need to talk to someone." I stumbled away from him and cowered away in the bathroom corner. "Honey, please. We need sleep." I turned my expression to blank. Slightly nodded and got up and walked to my bedroom. I decided them and there that I was just not going to sleep, eat, talk, or show any emotions to any one. I went to my room, turned the lights on, sat on the floor and stared at nothing.

-------------------

A week later

I was currently in the hallway, getting ready for homeroom. Then I heard people laughing. I turned in the direction of the laugher. It was all of Jay and Jacks friends including them. Allison was hanging off of Jay's side as he had his arm around her. Jack and Cole were just holding hands. Everyone was laughing, and I couldn't help but think You never made them really laugh you out so much weight on their shoulders just leave.

I looked dead. I hardly ate anything, I rarely got sleep, and I absolutely never talked or showed any emotions to anyone. This Saturday we are traveling to Michigan and little does everyone know that I'm going to be the one staying with all my pain and I'm going to finally get to see my best friend again. I didn't realize I was staring at them until I realized they were all looking at me awkwardly. As if in slow motion I turned around and closed my locker and walked away, ignoring the various voices that spoke as I was leaving. I walked out of the school and let my feet take me where I knew they would. The bridge.

It was a small bridge, for pedestrians only. It was so far off to the side of town no one ever really went to the bridge. It had a low metal railing, and even though the bridge was small the rapids underneath it were the complete opposite they were huge, loud and very deadly. When the tide came in the water was just under the bridge and you could put your feet in the water, the Rapids were gone when the tide came in but the water was still really fast and drags you down until you can't breathe. I would know, I tried saving my best friend but almost lost my life because of it. My family is leaving in one day, tomorrow. And I'm leaving too just we have very different destinations. Suddenly I felt someone sit next to me. I glanced at them and saw, Ezra? I didn't even bother hiding my emotions right then, he looked at me and looked shocked.