Chapter 22.

Ezra's P.O.V

I hated hospitals. Ever since my sister committed suicide. The wait they said would only be a few hours, it's only been two. But this waiting room makes everything feel slower. We still haven't heard anything about her condition.

"Ezra?" Tammy asked softly. I looked up at her.

"Yeah,"

"Umm Jack and I are going to the cafeteria do you want anything?" I shook my head. Yeah, I want something, or someone. I want Elizah.

Then a nurse came into the room. "Are there people here for Elizah Mason?"

Jay, Allison and I all stood up. "Yes that would be is and two more people getting food." She nodded.

"Would you like the good news or the bad news first?"

"Bad news." Jay answered.

"Alright, well to start off she hasn't eaten in days. Also she hasn't slept in about two weeks, without waking up." We nodded so she could continue.

"She overdosed on pills we can't I identify at the moment, but we do know that her body shut down almost completely. She is in a coma, and in all things honest we don't think she will ever wake up." My heart stopped. I felt tears go down my face. Elizah, my Elizah. I'm never going to see her smile I'm never going to see her laugh ever again.

"Now for the good news!" She smiled. "Elizah is very beautiful you know that, and that if she is ever to wake up, she will remember all of you. We were skeptical at first because when we took ex-rays of her head we found some scar tissue that didn't heal properly, which means for us this is a sign of child abuse. Did she go through that?" I nodded.

"Yeah, but he was never caught. Because he 'changed his ways'" I said with air quotes.

"Do the police know?" I shook my head.

"Oh, well you can see her now if you'd like. But please one at a time. And remember even though she is still in a coma she can still hear you."

We followed  her to a room, and I was super nervous. I had to talk to her I just didn't  know what to say.

"Jay you go first." He nodded and walked into her room. He was in there for a while and when he came out he had tears down his face and still in his eyes. He then hugged Allison. I looked away disgusted with them.

"Allison you go." I said trying not to let the venom seep into my words. It didn't work. She stiffened and so did Jay. They let go of each other, and she walked into the room. Tammy and Jack came back soon after Allison went in.

"We got the doctor up date. This sucks." Jack said. Me and Jay just nodded. I sat down in one of the waiting chairs. Then we heard heavy quick footsteps followed by smaller ones. George turned the corner and spotted us. He then bursted through Elizah's room door,

"That fucking bitch burned my fucking house down. She is so lucky she is hospitalized!" He shouted my blood boiled and I saw red. I clenched my fists and tackled him to the floor and began punching him repeatedly.

"Ezra stop!"

"Ezra!" Then I felt two pairs of hands pull me off of him. I looked and saw Jay and Jack.

"No, he deserves it, after everything he's done he comes in here and yells at his daughter who TRIED  TO KILL HERSELf! And he yells at her for burning his house down! What the hell!" I was fuming.

"Ezra! What can we do!? He is her dad not ours!" Jay yells

"BUT SHE IS YOUR SISTER!" I yelled back. He looked down. "I won't punch him. Just let me go, I-i want to see her." I stated. They let me go and I walked into her room, closed the door behind me, and remembering how she hated how bright the lights were so I turned them off and opened the curtains to let some light in. I went over to her bed and saw her broken body, laying there emotionless, and tired. I pulled up a chair and grabbed her hand.

"They said that you could still hear me you just couldn't respond in anyway. It's just me though it's just Ezra. I wanted to tell you that I love you too," I took a deep breath and continued. "Baby, I love you. I love you so much, I-I'm so sorry for everything that has happened, and I just wanted you to know I only took the money from the first two dates that we ever went on. I'm so sorry I didn't just tell you or fight for us, it's just at the time my reputation of being the player and the jock that could never be whipped. Was more important. But in reality, Elizah you are my world. I don't know what I'm going to do if you never wake up. It feels like right now everything for me will be at a stand still and gloomy. Then when you wake up you will be the broken of light that will make me smile brighter than the sun. I love you," I bit my lip to keep me from releasing the sobs that were threatening to come out. "Eli I'm so so sorry, I broke a promise I don't want to lose you. Please forgive me. I love you." I couldn't fight them anymore I just let the sobs take over my whole body causing me to shake.

---------------------

4 weeks later

I was late again for class today because I was visiting Elizah. Surprisingly none of my teachers have complained. Same goes for Jay, Allison, Jack and Cole. Yeah they decided to stay because Cole needed to be near Jack and We refused to let them relocate Elizah to a Michigan hospital.

Right now I'm heading to the hospital again I visit her at least three times a day. I have been doing that for the past 4 weeks. Every time she still looks beautiful but still sad. She woke up a few times only to go back into the coma that's keeping her prisoner.

I went up to her floor and when I reached her room there was a doctor inside. I lightly tapped on the door and the doctor looked at me and smiled.

"She is getting better, we aren't sure still if she is going to wake up, but in all honesty it's really up to her if she wakes up." Then the doctor left. I say in the chair by her bed and held her hand. I just traced the scars and the lines in her palm because I know that that always calmed her down. Then her fingers twitched. My eyes widened in excitement.

"E-Elizah!? Come back to me! Please!" I pleaded. Then her eyes fluttered open and her hand gripped mine.

"E-Ezra?" I smiled.

"Yes! Oh yes baby! Shit I have to go the doctor, I'll be right back!" But she just squeezed my hand and looked at me.

"Ezra wait, I w-wanted to t-tell you." Her throat was dry I could tell from her voice, that it was hard to talk. I grabbed the glass of water from the nightstand by her bed and handed it to her. He gladly excepted it and then gave it back to me.
"I wanted to tell you. I have been listening to you talk and I could feel you. I was so happy every time you came into the room I wanted to jump for joy and hug you. You, Ezra are the reason I woke up. I also heard everything you said the first day. I can't believe I've been here for 4 weeks. Gross. I love you." She looked at me and I saw every emotion in her eyes and they were so gorgeous. I leaned down and smashed my lips to hers and she responded quickly and put her hands on my face. "I love you more." I mumbled against her lips. She giggled. "I don't think you can,"she laughed this time pulling away completely, I pouted for the lose of contact. She moved over and patted the space beside her motioning for me to sit. I did and she immediately cuddled up to me. I wrapped my arms around her gently and put my chin in her head. She giggled again.

"You smell like cookies." She looked up at me. I blushed. "Have you been spraying your stuff with my perfume?" She asked jokingly. I blushed harder. She laughed.

"Oh my goodness! That is so funny!"

"What? Why?"

"B-because I would do the same thing if our roles were switched. Aww you do love me." She bit her lip. I pulled her face to mine and kissed her.

"Don't do that," I warned her.

"And why not?" She asked faking her innocence.

"Because it turns me on. And that. Is bad." She chuckled.

"Yeah, okay." She laid back down with me and fell asleep. And just like that I had my Elizah back. And I wasn't afraid to love her.

__________________________

Hope this was good thanks guys.

Not Edited

-wonder_swan-😊😘