Chapter 24.

Elizah's P.O.V

My phone started to ring, I reached in my back pocket and saw that Layla was calling. She went to college already so I rarely talk to her. I picked up and said "Hey, Lays how's old college doin."

"Great I love it m, I even met someone already!" I could imagine a huge smile spreading through her features.

"How is everyone back home?" She asked. I began to walk down stairs. I heard people laughing in the living room.

"Great. I'm living with my mom now, I love it way more than George's house."

She laughed "you've become quite the forgiving person. You know?"

"Yeah I know. It's just after my uh attempt I've learned to forgive and forget."

"You forgave Jessica but you can't forget what happened?" I felt my blood boil.

"Layla I have guests I need to go. I'll talk to you later ok. Bye!" I hung up and walked down the hallway towards the living room. I noticed a new painting. "Mom where did you get this? And who did it? It's gorgeous!"

"Get in here and you'll find out!" I nodded my head. I studied the painting for few more seconds, something about the brush stokes were so familiar. I shrugged and went to the living room. At first I walked right past everyone and went to the other new painting on the wall. And almost screamed. It was the bridge. And a girl getting saved. I turned around to meet the gaze of everyone in the room including. Jessica? No she is dead this is a hallucination go and try to touch her you'll go right through her. My heart was beating so fast as I went up to the figure and placed my hand on the face. They closed their eyes accepting my touch. She is real! No! No it's not possible. I tore my hand away and closed my eyes, few tears coming down my cheeks.

"Elizah, umm Jessica has been alive, she never died. We found out all of us did about a month or so ago maybe a little less. She was in the store getting food. You were in a coma-" I opened my eyes and held my hand up to silence her and everyone for that matter, I could tell that they were all waiting for my response. I tried to make my expression blank but it wouldn't work. My nightmares came rushing to me at once, I couldn't breathe, the memories the tears, the agonizing pain, the lies and secrets. I did the only thing I thought of first. I covered my ears and screamed a blood curdling scream, I tried to scream the voices, the pain, everything away. It wouldn't leave. I stopped screaming so I could think.

"Mother, y-you b-brought my nightmares to my home." Is the only I banged to say before I reached for a vase that I kept my friendship necklace in. I threw it at the wall. I ran over to the shards and got hold of the necklace.

"This. This is what you-" I cut myself off I couldn't finish.

"Elizah, please listen to how I was saved. Listen to why I didn't come back."

"No! No! No!" I threw my hands in the air. Wait, she was alive this whole time. I had no reason to shut people out teen or now. I had no right. I'm an awful human being.

I looked at the floor "Jessica Ronan. I forgive you. I'm not mad, at you, at anyone here. But, but this pain-" I choked on a sob. I was beyond angry with myself.

"Come here," my mom said. I pushed her hands away.

"No, no mom don't touch me. You don't deserve that," she looked confused.

"What? What do you mean?"

"You don't deserve to touch something so vulgar, disgusting, worthless, you don't deserve to be treated like shit." I looked around at everyone. "None of you do. I'm such a bitch. Worse I'm a parasite. Something gross, ugly, unwanted, and something that sickens people." I locked eyes with Ezra. He looked like someone shattered him.

"Mona, what is she talking about. Why exactly was she in the hospital. Not just child abuse so don't give me that bullshit!" Jessica yelled.

"She tried to kill herself! Is that what you want to hear! Tell me Jessica! Do you want to know that you put my daughter through absolute HELL!" Jessica looked stunned.

"I'm so so sorry Elizah, I didn't know." Jessica began to sob. Then more pain came to me, now I really couldn't breathe. I felt like an elephant was sitting on me. I turned and ran right out of the house and didn't stop when my name was called I kept running.

I kept running until I came to an alley way. I cried and cried and cried. I could t stop. I felt too much at once. I'm completely broken.........

___________________________

What!! Jessica is alive!!
Oh yah she is I decided to add a little more to the story.

The story is that when Jessica jumped off the bridge and into the water there was a fishermen near the shore who saw her and pulled her out. He didn't go back for Elizah because he was busy with Jessica.

After that Jessica's parents made them move so they could start over. Now they are back in town and then we are basically back to present day.

Not Edited

-wonder_swan-😊😘