Chapter 2

Max's P.O.V. (Before he punches Jack)

I watched as that beautiful girl walked past Jack and his idiot friends. My fists clenched when he grabbed her butt. I don't know why I'm feeling this way about some girl that I haven't even met. I watched in the shadows as she walked up to him smiling and that made me even more mad. Why was she smiling at a pig like him? That jerk just makes me so mad with the way he treats girls like they are toys. All I know is that he won't treat this girl like that because I won't let that happen.

Damn, I really need to control myself. Once I saw Jack's smile fall off his face, I knew she pissed him off and that's never a good thing. He gets angry and I mean ANGRY. Like, 'I'll kill you in an instant', angry. When she walked away, Jack's friends started teasing him and I saw him start to shake. Jack thinks he runs this school just because his parents are rich and own a lot of things in this town. It's so dumb and makes me want to beat the crap out of him.

What the heck? I've usually never had thoughts about hurting him and here I am, wanting to almost kill him for touching that girl without her permission. Jack has no manners at all like I do. I won't ever push a girl to do something unless she tells me to. That's how I grew up. I live with my mom and two little sisters, so I grew up knowing how to treat a lady. Or as I would like to call this girl, a beautiful lady. She was so gorgeous that it wasn't even right.

When she walked past me, I could smell her shampoo and it smelled like lilacs and vanilla. Wow, that smells good. Don't judge me, I live with three girls, I know what flowers and vanilla smell like. That's pretty much what our house always smells like. It's not a bad smell, either. My dad left us when my mom was pregnant with my youngest sister five years ago. My other sister was only two so it didn't matter as much but it hurt me because me and him were really close and he just up and left one day with only a note. I told myself that day that I'd take care of my family and that's what I've been doing ever since.

Putting my books in my locker, I leaned into it and tried to get her smell out of my head. I moved here about a year and a half ago and I keep to myself. It's just how I want to. I don't want to make friends and I don't want to get close to any girl but I have a feeling that that's not going to be possible with her here. When I turned around, I saw Jack leaning into her and she just smiled. Damn, she was brave, I like that. Just as I was about to turn to my locker again, I saw him slap her and almost attacked him then and there but decided he wouldn't do it again. Boy, was I wrong. Just as he was about to hit her again, I punched him as hard as I could and knocked him out cold. I stood where I was and stared at the jackass but remembered why I punched him. I looked over at the girl and noticed her checking me out. I smirked when she looked into my eyes but stopped because of her bleeding lip. It looked really bad and I stood in front of her.

"Are you okay?" I asked, staring into her beautiful dark green eyes.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she told me but I guess she forgot she was bleeding. I put my hand on her cheek and felt a warmth spread through me as she leaned into my touch.

"Really? Because you're bleeding," I told her. She just kept telling me that she will be fine and that the cut wasn't bad but I really wanted her to get it checked out. When I mentioned the hospital, she almost freaked out and I didn't know why so I told her I would go with her and we headed to my car. I found out her name is Peyton, such a gorgeous name. What the heck man? Why am I acting like this? When she saw my car her eyes popped out and I wanted to laugh but didn't. She actually knew what kind of car it was too! I decided to be the perfect gentleman and opened the door for her and expected her to get in but she just raised her eyebrows at me.

The new girl has a mate...On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara