Chapter 17

So sorry for not uploading in a while. Been busy with training for work and actually working and getting ready for graduation. But her ya go!

Peyton's p.o.v

I looked at Jack as he slowly started to back up, obviously scared of me. His eyes kept roaming back and forth between me and Max. I know this looks weird. One minute Max was with my human form, trying to keep me from going crazy and the next, he is standing in front of my wolf form keeping me calm.

"Max, man. Why is there a giant wolf in front of you?" Jack said, pointing his finger at me. I growled at him and he scrambled backwards into a tree.

"Peyton, calm down..." Max said and I narrowed my eyes at him but huffed and did as he said, planting my furry but on the cold ground. "Look Jack, calm-"

"Don't tell me to calm down when there is a freaking monster standing in front of you that you were talking to!" I got into my defensive stance because I was about to protect my mate. Nobody yells at my mate like that except for me.

"You're going to need to calm down unless you want her to rip you to shreds!" Max all but yelled. I could see him losing his temper at Jack for calling me a monster.

"How do you know that it's a she?"

"Because I know her. Look, we can't explain it to you, Jack-"

"Well, you better because I don't like the way that-that thing is staring at me!" I took a step closer to him but Max stopped me.

"Peyton, I'm warning you. Sit down and don't move," Max said, using his Alpha tone. I whimpered and did as he was told. I can't believe he just used his Alpha voice on me. I laid down on my stomach and watched as Max tried to calm Jack down. I was in no mood to even move because I was upset. Why would he use his Alpha voice on me? It's not like I was actually going to hurt him. I was just going to give him a little warning as to watch what he says.

"Did-did you just call that thing Pey-Peyton?!" Jack said, looking at my mate with wide eyes.

"Look, you need to forget what you just saw. Okay?"

"Like hell I will! You were talking to that thing and you made it stop moving towards me! What's wrong with you?" I wanted to move so bad an just jump on him to give him a little warning but I can't....Max is an ass who used his Alpha tone on me. That hurt me really bad. He didn't have to speak to me like that.