Chapter 19

Yep! So I'm writing again. Woo! Also, just to let you all know, my job isn't going well so soon I might not even have a job so I will be able to write more possible. I'm trying really hard to just keep myself busy this summer so at times I might not write for a few weeks due to being busy. At the moment things are pretty stressful because I have to find a new job since I'm only getting work two days a week because the pizza place I work at is running out of money so they are cutting down our hours. The past few days I worked, I only worked up to two hours total...and I need $600 by August but that doesn't look like that's happening any time soon...so EMT school might be out of the picture also. But anyways, I just wanted to say that I might not be writing a lot, like usual, but I might get a chapter or two in every few weeks. So bare with me! Hope everyone understands:) and enjoy reading!!! Also, if I make mistakes, please just message them to me privately, not in the comment section please.

Peyton's p.o.v

I've been sitting in the waiting room either bouncing my knees or sitting with my head in my hands to calm myself down. Max has been by my side the whole time, telling me it's going to be okay and that the baby is fine but I just don't know. It's been four hours since we got to the emergency room and I am so scared for the baby. I can still hear it's screams in my head from when I was walking down the street.

My heart has been pounding since we got here. For some reason, I seem to be attached to this baby. I guess it's because I feel bad for it? I have no clue but I just can't stop wondering if it is okay. No nurses have told us if the baby is okay or not and it's really frustrating me to the point where I want to storm up to one of the nurses, push her against the wall and make her tell me. I bet if I can change my eye color, then I can make her tell me.

"Peyton, everything is going to be okay," Max said, holding me tightly to him. I've tried to be so strong for that baby but I just can't anymore. Leaning into my mate and gripping onto the front of his shirt tightly, I cried my heart out. I cried because I was scared for two reasons. One, I was scared that they would think we were responsible for this and two, that the baby might not make it and I won't be able to see it again. I haven't cried like that in a long time but it didn't really seem to bother Max because he just smoothed out my hair and let me cry.

"Peyton, look at me," Max said and held my face in his hands, making me look at him. "This baby is going to be okay. I know it. We just have to wait until someone comes and tells us, okay? Just stay strong, baby." As he leaned in to kiss me lightly, I saw a nurse walking up to us and got all antsy.

"Are you two the ones who brought in the baby?" she asked quietly and I stood up, nodding. "Well, would you like to go back and see her?" Me and Max nodded frantically and followed the nurse to ICU. I hate hospitals so much but right now, I can't seem to focus on how much I hate them, all I'm focused on is the poor baby girl that is in the ICU because some dumb ass put her under trash bags!

"Here she is," the nurse said and pointed to a little baby on a small bed with a bunch of tubes and wires sticking in her. I put my hand on my mouth to keep the small sob that wanted to come out. I looked back at the nurse, then at Max, then at the little girl in front of us. "She's a real trooper. A doctor will be in soon to tell you about her condition."