Chapter 14

Peyton's p.o.v

I'm a werewolf? What the f*** happened while I was asleep?! I am so confused about whether I want this or not and I don't know what to do. I knew I went stock-still right now but that's a lot to take in at the moment. I mean, I do love being able to see better and hear and smell but...I'm a werewolf? I sighed and shook my throbbing head. I really needed to sleep.

"Baby? Are you okay?" Max asked me and I didn't answer him at first, just stared at my hands.

"I don't know," I whispered knowing he could hear me. "This is just way too much to take in. I just need some time alone." I walked to the end of the boat and looked out across the water trying to think of what to do. Oh sh*t! I forgot about my aunt! Uh-oh! I need to think of something to say to her. I know an 'I'm sorry' won't work so I need to think of something better. I looked back at Max who was staring at me concerned and all I wanted to do was go back to him and have him hold me and tell me everything was going to be okay and that he would help me get through this and get used to it. I motioned for him to come over and he immediately did. I needed him to be with me right now. As soon as he got to me I hugged him and buried my head in his chest crying slightly.

"Shh, baby girl," he said, rubbing my back. "I'll always be here for you. No matter what. We will get through this together. I promise." I looked up at him and he was smiling slightly at me.

"You make it sound like I'm pregnant," I said and we laughed. "I just don't know what to think about all of this. What am I going to tell my aunt or my cousin, or my brother! How am I going to keep this a secret from them? I know they will find out some time. What if they think I'm a freak or something?" Max knew I was starting to freak out so he did the only thing that would calm me down, he kissed me. I instantly kissed back and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling our bodies closer. He lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist, enjoying the sparks I was feeling. Suddenly, Max was walking and I had no idea where we were going but at the moment I didn't care. Once I felt soft material underneath me I knew that we were on a couch.

Our kissing seemed to get more intense as the seconds when by and I was getting more excited then I have ever been before. Without thinking or wanting to break our heated kiss, I ripped Max's shirt, pulling it fully off. Max pulled away and smirked at me.

"That was sexy," he said and I blushed, feeling embarrassed. Max kissed my forehead and bent down to my ear and whispered, "It's only fair that since my shirt is off that yours should be too." He pulled back smiling and ripped my shirt off and kissed my neck. Once he got to the part where my neck and shoulders met he licked it and I shivered, loving the feeling. He kissed lover until he got to my collarbone and I freaked and pushed him away. I had an image of what that jerk tried to do to me and started crying.